• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Article 127

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You mean like how they said about the £350million for the NHS?

(For months it was argued on here that it was never promised, claimed, written on the side of a bus, etc, and then bumbling Boris brings it back to life in the Telegraph last weekend, only to be shot down by unelected mathematicians)
    That was stupid, but it's not always the cleverest slogans that help win elections. Try "read my lips, no new taxes" or "things can only get better".
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        When the original A50 was drafted they made it as difficult as it could possibly be. 2 years to untie decades of trade agreements.

As we're the first to leave we are the beta testers and it seems to me that we're just pushing back the go live date, in the interests of all parties.

BTW the idea of a free trade market is still in place, and some Countries are champing at the bit for 'individual' trade deals (both inside and outside of the EU). I would not be surprised if behind the scenes talks have already started.

Being as so many bremoaners are still predicting doom ad gloom, may I recommend a refresh from here

'It all about the Economy, stupid'.
        Article 127 appears to be different. Best get on with it one way or another.

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            When the original A50 was drafted they made it as difficult as it could possibly be. 2 years to untie decades of trade agreements.

As we're the first to leave we are the beta testers and it seems to me that we're just pushing back the go live date, in the interests of all parties.

BTW the idea of a free trade market is still in place, and some Countries are champing at the bit for 'individual' trade deals (both inside and outside of the EU). I would not be surprised if behind the scenes talks have already started.

Being as so many bremoaners are still predicting doom ad gloom, may I recommend a refresh from here

'It all about the Economy, stupid'.
            No way individual countries inside the EU can have their own trade deals I'd have thought?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              To be fair, that is a rather naughty selective out of context bunch of quotes. http://medium.com/@jamesforward/a-re...t-85a0778c75a9

More honest to rely on what the official Leave Campaign actually clearly stated on their official website.

'Leave' looks like...

Europe yes, EU no. We have a new UK-EU Treaty based on free trade and friendly cooperation. There is a European free trade zone from Iceland to the Russian border and we will be part of it. We will take back the power to negotiate our own trade deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                No way individual countries inside the EU can have their own trade deals I'd have thought?
                No they can’t. According to the Leave group, they can’t make deals, they can’t have their own border security, they can’t make their own laws and they aren’t allowed to vote for MEPs.

Didn’t you get the memo?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  You mean like how they said about the £350million for the NHS?

(For months it was argued on here that it was never promised, claimed, written on the side of a bus, etc, and then bumbling Boris brings it back to life in the Telegraph last weekend, only to be shot down by unelected mathematicians)
                  The massive lie is that there was ever £350 million per week. It is clear as day on the official Leave Campaign website.

Why Vote Leave - Vote Leave

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    You have got yourself into a tizzy, haven't you?

Do you mean this text from the leaflet?

If so, can you explain why this is clear that the UK will leave the single market after a Leave note. If you mean other text, perhaps you would be kind enough to post it.

No problem ... I've take the liberty of adding in Bold text when the Single market is mentioned on the leaflet.

So in the first part of the letter he talks about single market, why do that if the referendum isn't about leaving the Single market?

"The EU’s Single Market has over 500 million customers and an economy over five times bigger than the UK’s.
                    The Single Market makes it easier and cheaper for UK companies to sell their products outside the UK, creating jobs as a result.
                    Being inside the EU also makes it more attractive for companies to invest in the UK, meaning more jobs.
                    Over the last decade, foreign companies have invested £540 billion in the UK, equivalent to £148 million every day."

Or even this statement ... And how could the UK lose access to the Single Market? Could it be the subject of the letter that gives a clue?

"Losing our full access to the EU’s Single Market would make exporting to Europe harder and increase costs."

Pretty strong pointer here ...

"No other country has managed to secure significant access to the
                    Single Market, without having to:
                    • follow EU rules over which they have no real say
                    • pay into the EU
                    • accept EU citizens living and working in their country"

"A more limited trade deal with the EU would give the UK less access to the Single Market than we have now –
                    including for services, which make up almost 80% of the UK economy. For example,
                    Canada’s deal with the EU will give limited access for services, it has so far been seven years in the making and is still not in force."

"Some argue that leaving the EU would give us more freedom to limit immigration.
                    But in return for the economic benefits of access to the EU’s Single Market, non-EU
                    countries – such as Norway – have had to accept the right of all EU citizens to live and work in their country"

In the section on "The Benefits of EU membership" i.e if you vote to remain ...

"The UK will keep full access to the Single Market, with a say on its
                    rules. For every £1 paid in tax, a little over 1p goes to the EU. The Government judges
                    that what the UK gets back in opportunities, job creation and economic security from
                    EU membership far outweighs the cost."

Now, having read the leaflet again, it is crystal clear to me that the UK will be leaving the Single Market. What part of this could you not understand?

Comment

As I say we're the beta testers so why not suggest it, there's plenty out there who are not interested in an EU wide trade deal for widgets when all they deal in is cucumbers?

Comment

Working...
                      X