• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Article 127

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    A bit of fun isn't it? There is no referendum based mandate for this of course. The Leave campaign was clear that the UK would stay in the single market.
    Strange use of the word "clear". Somebody associated with the Leave campaign team may well have suggested such, but that hardly makes it "clear".
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      I voted to pull up the drawbridge*. Why's that not happening?

*Or fill in the Channel Tunnel.
      They just look at the crosses or ticks in the box, not crayon scribbles on the ballot paper.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        They just look at the crosses or ticks in the box, not crayon scribbles on the ballot paper.
        I used my Dunhill fountain pen I'll have you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Strange use of the word "clear". Somebody associated with the Leave campaign team may well have suggested such, but that hardly makes it "clear".
          You mean like how they said about the £350million for the NHS?

(For months it was argued on here that it was never promised, claimed, written on the side of a bus, etc, and then bumbling Boris brings it back to life in the Telegraph last weekend, only to be shot down by unelected mathematicians)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Edit: Oddly enough, the Remain campaign was equally "clear" that we would not have access to the single market if we left the EU. Although that was only Gideon, and he's down to his last 5 jobs now, poor bugger...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

BTW, the progression was:
              5^2 x2
              5^3 +2
              5^4 x2
              5^5 +2

Increase the exponential by 1 and rotate the symbol 45 degrees
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                You mean like how they said about the £350million for the NHS?

(For months it was argued on here that it was never promised, claimed, written on the side of a bus, etc, and then bumbling Boris brings it back to life in the Telegraph last weekend, only to be shot down by unelected mathematicians)
                A good retrospective read:

Why the Government believes that voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK - HM Government

Comment

Vote Leave was an organisation that successfully campaigned for a Leave vote in the United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, 2016.[1] On 13 April 2016, Vote Leave was designated by the Electoral Commission as the official campaign in favour of leaving the European Union for the referendum on EU membership.
                  It's on their website as ''Leave' looks like...'

'Leave' looks like...

It is hardly 'Somebody associated with the Leave campaign team may well have suggested such,'

The official campaign clearly stated it. Make an argument around the facts, rather than making stuff up.

Comment

Edit: Oddly enough, the Remain campaign was equally "clear" that we would not have access to the single market if we left the EU. Although that was only Gideon, and he's down to his last 5 jobs now, poor bugger...
                    Did the Remain campaign say this (and it's a genuine question - I don't know the answer). The leaflet SWW referenced describes the compromises that would need to be made to retain significant access to the single market.

No other country has managed to secure significant
                    access to the Single Market, without having to:
                    • follow EU rules over which they have no real say
                    • pay into the EU
                    • accept EU citizens living and working in their country

Comment

When the original A50 was drafted they made it as difficult as it could possibly be. 2 years to untie decades of trade agreements.

As we're the first to leave we are the beta testers and it seems to me that we're just pushing back the go live date, in the interests of all parties.

BTW the idea of a free trade market is still in place, and some Countries are champing at the bit for 'individual' trade deals (both inside and outside of the EU). I would not be surprised if behind the scenes talks have already started.

Being as so many bremoaners are still predicting doom ad gloom, may I recommend a refresh from here

'It all about the Economy, stupid'.

Comment

Working...
                      X