• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Evidence from the RSPCA gives the 80% + figure. Already provided in this thread.

Which is 80% more than the figure for Kosher, but that doesn’t get a thread all of its own, because, well, I’m sure some of you have a reason why you choose to complain about Halal, but have no issue with Kosher.
    This thread is meandering nicely.

Comment

Evidence from the RSPCA gives the 80% + figure. Already provided in this thread.

Which is 80% more than the figure for Kosher, but that doesn’t get a thread all of its own, because, well, I’m sure some of you have a reason why you choose to complain about Halal, but have no issue with Kosher.
      Impressive thickness; I do have a problem with Kosher, it's not thrust upon me though.

Assumptive drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        This thread is meandering nicely.
        Should I ask the question again about “what is your problem with Halal meat”?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hmmmm.......Interesting.

I'd love to see the Python team do a Life of Brian on the life of Mohammed.

They could have all kinds of crazy fun with that one!

I mean, the whole halal thing - why is it they don't do it with fish?

Maybe we could have a scene showing the Imam going down in a diving bell and working out that issuing a bubbly cry of BISMILLAH while trying to grab the slippery critters with a knife in one hand was never gonna be practical.

Comment

Should I ask the question again about “what is your problem with Halal meat”?
            I'm more interested to find out whether ChimpMaster has given his son's headmaster both barrels yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              Don't assume folk are as thick as yourself.
              oh my.
              The GreenBastard has a point. I'd never though of it like that.
              What an incisive analysis of the situation and so articulate.
              And what a slam-dunk way to win an argument. If only you'd been involved on page 1 of this thread.
              I'll go and have a long hard look at myself. It seems that all these years of reading facts and evidence before building an opinion were wasted as I'm just thick.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                oh my.
                The GreenBastard has a point. I'd never though of it like that.
                What an incisive analysis of the situation and so articulate.
                And what a slam-dunk way to win an argument. If only you'd been involved on page 1 of this thread.
                I'll go and have a long hard look at myself. It seems that all these years of reading facts and evidence before building an opinion were wasted as I'm just thick.
                You'll not believe this, but once upon a time CUK was a good spot for a civilised conversation. We're talking a long time ago now though.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  You'll not believe this, but once upon a time CUK was a good spot for a civilised conversation. We're talking a long time ago now though.
                  when the internet was available on a 28k dial-up modem?
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

So what we've learned so far

1) Kosher slaughter is less humane - but there is no push for kosher meat to be the only meat available in schools and therefore the choice is still available.
                    2) Halal meat may or may not be slaughtered in a more or less humane way but it is being pushed on people.
                    3) According to the government website Halal and Kosher must be intended for consumption by Jews and Muslims (obviously the main point to this thread is that in this case it is not)
                    4) It is ok to ignore whatever views an atheist may have on whether or not you should be forced to eat meat which has been through some form of religious ritual.
                    5) It is not ok to ignore the views of someone who believes in a deity and believes food should be served/prepared in a specific way and it is okay to force that food onto 'non believers'.

Therefore certain members of this board are quite happy to discriminate against people in a minority group.

Classy.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      So what we've learned so far

1) Kosher slaughter is less humane - but there is no push for kosher meat to be the only meat available in schools and therefore the choice is still available.
                      2) Halal meat may or may not be slaughtered in a more or less humane way but it is being pushed on people.
                      3) According to the government website Halal and Kosher must be intended for consumption by Jews and Muslims (obviously the main point to this thread is that in this case it is not)
                      4) It is ok to ignore whatever views an atheist may have on whether or not you should be forced to eat meat which has been through some form of religious ritual.
                      5) It is not ok to ignore the views of someone who believes in a deity and believes food should be served/prepared in a specific way and it is okay to force that food onto 'non believers'.

Therefore certain members of this board are quite happy to discriminate against people in a minority group.

Classy.

Atheists are the majority in the UK now. But hey-ho there's another fact for you.
                      I guess that explains the level of arguments from atheists as it's simply a reversion to the mean level of intelligence (I blame Dawkins).
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X