• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    It's about choice - we and our children should have the choice not to have to eat something which has been prepared in a certain way for religious reasons which we do not have an interest in.

Or as middle class white people are we no longer allowed a choice - because making a non halal choice is seen as intolerant to other people?
    No, the simple question is: if you have no interest in religious reasons, and you have no objections to the meat, then what exactly is your objection?

In the past there wasn’t multiple choices of meats at school dinners, why are snowflakes now insisting that there must be?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Why did God make animals so tasty?

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        No, the simple question is: if you have no interest in religious reasons, and you have no objections to the meat, then what exactly is your objection?

In the past there wasn’t multiple choices of meats at school dinners, why are snowflakes now insisting that there must be?
        So in answer to my question can I have a choice the answer is clearly no - I have to accept meat killed in line with a religion I have no interest in then.

It is the removal of choice which is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Indians aren't (generally) Muslim...
          No, but most "Indian" restaurants are actually Bangladeshi (and they are generally Muslim). In fact, most genuine Indian restaurants are actually vegetarian establishments. We just call all subcontinent cuisine "Indian" coz we iz thick, innit.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So in answer to my question can I have a choice the answer is clearly no - I have to accept meat killed in line with a religion I have no interest in then.

I don't think some people will ever get it. I think it stems from a lack of choice that individuals have had enforced upon them in some way.

No matter how you explain that it's the removal of choice, they just can't accept that there should have been a choice in the first place - so long as their choice is the available option.

For those so keen on eating Halal meat - why not eat Kosher meat? Why not eat normally prepared meat? Would you let your kids eat non-halal meat at school?

I'm guessing No. So why try to force your way on other cultures?

Just be happy with who you are. I'm OK with that. Live and let live.
            Last edited by ChimpMaster; 21 September 2017, 13:18.

Comment

It's about choice - we and our children should have the choice not to have to eat something which has been prepared in a certain way for religious reasons which we do not have an interest in.

Or as middle class white people are we no longer allowed a choice - because making a non halal choice is seen as intolerant to other people?
              The choice that's being expressed is pointless though. Don't want to eat halal meat because it's halal is what I'm reading. Fine don't eat halal meat. Complaining to a school headmaster isn't going to change anything, and there are other options if that 'choice' is expressed (vegetarian, packed lunches, another school).

So the choice you ask for exists.

What if the farmer who farms the chickens is religious and prays for them every night? Are you going demand to have that labelled so you can choose to eat atheistically reared poultry?

The problem here, and what others allude to, is the thinly disguised bigotry behind this argument. If you have a problem with Islam then say it. There's plenty of reasons. It's possible to criticise Islam, and its followers, without dog-whistle bulltulip about slaughtering techniques, and without being bigoted.
              Dog-whistle bigotry like this only strengthens the apologists for the bad practises of Islam as it muddies the waters of acceptable vs. unacceptable debate.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Don't you have anything actually important to worry about? I'm pretty sure I'll never lie awake at night wondering whether my Nando's supper might have been subject to the incantations of whichever particular flavour of sky fairy-worshipper you care to mention. Life's too 'kin short. Eat and move on...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

There was no choice before, why should there be a choice now?

It’s like some people are trying to make an issue out of nothing.

Maybe the people who refuse to integrate into modern British society should just leave the country. We don’t want that kind of person around here. They don’t like British values, don’t like our country, don’t want to fit in.

Isn’t that the normal war-cry of the snowflakes on here when referring to migrants?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    No, but most "Indian" restaurants are actually Bangladeshi (and they are generally Muslim). In fact, most genuine Indian restaurants are actually vegetarian establishments. We just call all subcontinent cuisine "Indian" coz we iz thick, innit.
                    I'll take it a stage further and suggest that every curry and kebab you can buy is halal (no matter what restaurant you go to).
                    Although you can make it non-halal by drinking a moderate skinful before eating.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      I don't think some people will ever get it. I think it stems from a lack of choice that individuals have had enforced upon them in some way.

No matter how you explain that it's the removal of choice, they just can't accept that there should have been a choice in the first place - so long as their choice is the available option.
                      What choice did you have when you were at school? How many different methods of slaughter were you knowingly offered?

For those so keen on eating Halal meat - why not eat Kosher meat? Why not eat normally prepared meat? Would you let your kids eat non-halal meat at school?

I'm guessing No. So why try to force your way on other cultures?
                      I am not “keen” on one particular type of slaughter over another, as long as the animal is stunned before hand. Please do not try to twist words that are not there.
                      I am actually more concerned about how the animal has been raised, its welfare through its life, the food and chemicals that have been used, etc.

Just be happy with who you are. I'm OK with that. Live and let live.
                      If only you could take that attitude, then you wouldn’t need a trip to the school headmaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X