• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Market forces dictate that, obviously there is no competitive market for purely non-halal meat because most of us don't care.
    That's a very sweeping statement.. Care to offer proof?
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Market forces dictate that, obviously there is no competitive market for purely non-halal meat because most of us don't care.
      Unfortunately I think that is largely the case.

I also believe that most halal denoted meat is not actually halal. Given the volume of meat consumed globally I don't see how a particular religious group can individually cut a live animal's throat and wait for it to bleed to death while they recite ancient prayers.

Sheesh it would take 4 hours just to get a Whopper at Burger King!

Comment

Originally posted by deebeegee View Post
        There should be no room for any religious exclusions in law. It's total bollocks and we all know it.

Want to skirt around animal rights - I'm a muslim/jew
        Don't want to grass up your paedo mate - I'm catholic
        Don't want to stop at red lights - I'm a jedi
        Yep that's my view entirely.

Problem is, one or two on here conflate that with not liking brown people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          That's a very sweeping statement.. Care to offer proof?
          Look around you. Where are all the non-Halal shops, non-Halal school dinners, non-Halal products in the supermarket, all advertised as such? If the market was there business would be on it like a car bonnet. As it may well do when the inevitable happens and halal backlash gains momentum. I've got no problem with that either.

Comment

Chimp, what is your problem with halal meat?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Chimp, what is your problem with halal meat?
              [Thread reset button pressed]

Comment

Look around you. Where are all the non-Halal shops, non-Halal school dinners, non-Halal products in the supermarket, all advertised as such? If the market was there business would be on it like a car bonnet. As it may well do when the inevitable happens and halal backlash gains momentum. I've got no problem with that either.
                It's because it's not widely known that supermarkets sell ritually slaughtered meat without it being labelled accordingly.

All you need is someone like Jamie Oliver to go on a crusade about it like he did factory farmed chicken & people would vote with their feet. For a while anyway, until they all forgot about it again...

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  The problem is a restriction of choice. Why, in this country, should schoolkids be given a choice of only halal meat?

I don't want my kids eating meat that has had its neck slashed and blood drained out while it's still alive whilst praying to a specific religious cause.

If you want to be equal then you should offer both halal and non-halal (i.e. humanely slaughtered) meat. If due to budget or other limitations you can only offer one type, then it should be non-halal: yes there are a high % of muslims in the area/school but nowhere near 50% i.e. what about the majority?

Just utter fricking madness.
                  Do you have a religious problem with Halal meat? THen it's lowest common denominator. What next are you going to demand schools offer a choice between free-range and battery chicken/eggs to appease both sides?

If you're opposed to Halal, go veggie. Or rather, tell your kid to - you haven't mentioned if they have any issue with it or you're just getting on your high-horse on someone else's behalf who doesn't GAS, like a virtue-signalling liberal lefty
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm not really bothered either way. Given the choice (in a supermarket) I'd probably buy non-halal, but if I'm in an Indian restaurant I assume it's halal, but it doesn't stop me enjoying a curry!
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      I'm not really bothered either way. Given the choice (in a supermarket) I'd probably buy non-halal, but if I'm in an Indian restaurant I assume it's halal, but it doesn't stop me enjoying a curry!
                      Indians aren't (generally) Muslim...

Comment

Working...
                      X