• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tricky Situation..but I am happy to be in.!! Any advice highly appreciated...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren.... How about this one then. It takes clients time to onboard you for various technicalities. The same can be the other way. You can easily delay Option 2 by two weeks.

Tell option two you accept subject to a contract review. Ask them something about the contract when they mail it which they will take a day or so to clarrify. It could also be the agent isn't forthcoming with the contract which is even better.
    Advise them the contract check will take a week, which is QDOS"s standard SLA. 5 days later it will come back, no doubt requiring changes which introduces more delays. In the meantime option 1 clears up and you can decline option 2 without ever signing it. Agent will be miffed but you've not breached. I wouldn't push for more than 2 weeks though. They'll get the idea you are stringing them along around then.

That's fairer than your idea no?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 20 September 2017, 16:11.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Darren, I’m not sure if you’re just trolling. But if you’re not then please take the Vodafone job at Newbury HQ.

Reasons:
      1 - You will fit right in over there.
      2 - You’ll probably be extended to > 2 years so hopefully don’t post on these forums as much.
      3 - I’m less likely to have to work with you in the near future.

Seriously - you’d better hope the hiring manager or someone involved in hiring you (Darren) as a tester / test manager / manager of testers in Vodafone doesn’t come across this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Darren.... How about this one then. It takes clients time to onboard you for various technicalities. The same can be the other way. You can easily delay Option 2 by two weeks.

Tell option two you accept subject to a contract review. Ask them something about the contract when they mail it which they will take a day or so to clarrify. It could also be the agent isn't forthcoming with the contract which is even better.
        Advise them the contract check will take a week, which is QDOS"s standard SLA. 5 days later it will come back, no doubt requiring changes which introduces more delays. In the meantime option 1 clears up and you can decline option 2 without ever signing it. Agent will be miffed but you've not breached. I wouldn't push for more than 2 weeks though. They'll get the idea you are stringing them along around then.

That's fairer than your idea no?
        After few months in bench I am not prepared to loose a single day's £s. I believe I am perfectly reasonable on this and I believe 99% people in this forum will do exactly the same under these circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchandsunshine View Post
          Darren, I’m not sure if you’re just trolling. But if you’re not then please take the Vodafone job at Newbury HQ.

Reasons:
          1 - You will fit right in over there.
          2 - You’ll probably be extended to > 2 years so hopefully don’t post on these forums as much.
          3 - I’m less likely to have to work with you in the near future.

Seriously - you’d better hope the hiring manager or someone involved in hiring you (Darren) as a tester / test manager / manager of testers in Vodafone doesn’t come across this thread.
          Option-2 is nothing to do with VF, not sure why you are linking these posts together..

Comment

1. Keep on applying and attending interviews (& signing contracts) until you land on your office chair

I changed my mind on this. No more Jobserve visits and not planning to sign Option-3 (just to be fair to everyone involved).

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
              After few months in bench I am not prepared to loose a single day's £s. I believe I am perfectly reasonable on this and I believe 99% people in this forum will do exactly the same under these circumstances.
              Well let's hope karma isn't a bitch then hey.

Next time you want an opinion and 6 pages later don't listen to one piece of advice given and decide to do something else don't waste our time posting it hey.

Now down to business. MODS. Can we have in General please. Nothing professional in this thread anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                Option-2 is nothing to do with VF, not sure why you are linking these posts together..
                Ok Darren. Good luck with the Vodafone job then. And when you leave them in the tulip make sure you fully explain the situation that you needed the money, they will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchandsunshine View Post
                  Ok Darren. Good luck with the Vodafone job then. And when you leave them in the tulip make sure you fully explain the situation that you needed the money, they will understand.
                  He can just say he has run out of change for the car park.

Comment

I only read the first page of the thread.

I would go for option 1, especially with the cloud technology etc.

The extra % means f-all when you're already raking it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Smackdown View Post
                      I only read the first page of the thread.

I would go for option 1, especially with the cloud technology etc.

The extra % means f-all when you're already raking it in.
                      Read the rest of it. It's hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                      X