• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tsunami of hurt coming?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsunami of hurt coming?

Hi,
    thought this would be fun to chuck into general as I know the stock business answer will be go see your accountancy firm...

Im not interested in the professional view I want a guttural fight to the death in here instead

So here is the quandary of the day:

I now know several ex colleagues that have ended up running around the world on various fools errands while being paid in the UK.
    This seems like a really bloody stupid thing to be doing as it must be storing up a whole world of pain with regards to personal taxation and double tax treaties ect.

What goes through your mind when an agent calls and says: "Hi I have a great job in Germany but I can pay you in the UK???"

Gladiators unleash

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Hi,
    thought this would be fun to chuck into general as I know the stock business answer will be go see your accountancy firm...

Im not interested in the professional view I want a guttural fight to the death in here instead

I now know several ex colleagues that have ended up running around the world on various fools errands while being paid in the UK.
    This seems like a really bloody stupid thing to be doing as it must be storing up a whole world of pain with regards to personal taxation and double tax treaties ect.

What goes through your mind when an agent calls and says: "Hi I have a great job in Germany but I can pay you in the UK???"

Gladiators unleash

Comment

Hi,

Gladiators unleash
      Being shut inside a concrete box for 23 hours a day and regularly getting Rogered by a guy called "Fat Dave" would spring to mind
      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

BZSt - run away! run away!

Comment

One would hope most don't say that and the ones that still do will stop with the now enacted Criminal Finances Act 2017, especially, the corporate criminal offence of failure to the prevent tax evasion, both foreign and UK.

But we shall see.......

Comment

About the same as when Silverlink call up.

Are there any good Indian agencies or agents out there? There are plenty of great contractors.

Comment

There's only one answer, go native; follow the local rules.

Forget pension rights, all worthless anyway, we are all destined to work till we drop and the State will take up the slack on deranged, mentally ill and Suity.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                There's only one answer, go native; follow the local rules.

Forget pension rights, all worthless anyway, we are all destined to work till we drop and the State will take up the slack on deranged, mentally ill including Suity.
                FTFY. Watch your category errors.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

BZSt - run away! run away!
                  It's all right if you're WFH

Comment

Gladiators unleash
                    Excellent, what's the rate?
                    PS I'll be billing through my UK based company while remaining resident in the UK, working from my office at home.

Making Britain great by exporting services abroad*(TM)

*but not for long, shortly to make another country great...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X