• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moon Landings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stanley Kubrick was hired to fake the moon landing, but his perfectionism made them film it on location...

...On the moon.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Who cares about the moon? We're all going to die on the 23rd September, NASA have confirmed it (according to some bloke on YouTube)

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Real.

Strongest factor: I'm not a feckin' moron

Supplementary factor: we didn't have the technology to fake it at the time. It was actually easier to go there:

Posted that on Monday Links in January 2013. Do keep up
        Who is this "we", puny earthling?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It's a shame we've not been back, but I suppose it was very important to spend all the money onbombing the tulipe out of Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Eyerack, Libya, and anywhere else
        FTFY
        Last edited by zeitghost; 15 September 2017, 11:03.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          ok I am skeptical

my reason is, if we could land on the moon in the 60's then why haven't we been back since ?

Milan.
          Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Money and politics in that order.

Cost loads of money to go into space. There was a recession in the 70s.

If the US isn't doing stuff then the Russians didn't need to compete.
          I thought it was because there is feck all there, not even gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            ok I am skeptical

my reason is, if we could land on the moon in the 60's then why haven't we been back since ?

Milan.
            Because it cost 5% of the USA's GDP and there was massive political will to do it which is lacking today.

Hammer and Feather

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              Because it cost 5% of the USA's GDP and there was massive political will to do it which is lacking today.

Hammer and Feather
              Something cost 5% of the USA's GDP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

One factor which I can recall at the time were the radio signals from the Moon. You cannot fake that as any ham radio enthusiast will know.

They also left some reflectors on the moon, which are used in an experiment to measure the Earth-Moon distance ... and are still being used today.

Comment

They also left some reflectors on the moon, which are used in an experiment to measure the Earth-Moon distance ... and are still being used today.
                  How does the presence of Relflectors prove that humans have been to the moon?

Comment

Yes, I know that one however, the bounce back light is reduced to a count of a "few" photons. I think it is proven (without looking it up) by matching the wavelength of the transmitting laser. We are down to partial physics to prove that one, which is a bit complicated for the thickos.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      Something cost 5% of the USA's GDP.
                      Yeah. That something was building a fleet of Apollo spaceships, training a cadre of elite astronauts and employing 400,000 people.

Anyway ... more to the point.

How do you know the Americans ever left the moon? Maybe they have kept a permanent base there.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

The US Navy has a bigger space budget than NASA and in 2012 it donated two unused Space Telescopes to NASA that were identical to Hubble ... but had never been launched because they were now obsolete ( in the US Navy's eyes .... obviously got something far better ).

And of course, they've been flying their secret shuttle for the last decade.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-space-shuttle

Space is of primary importance to the US Military. They have a strategy of "owning the skies" so to assume that they wouldn't also have one to "own space" is naive.

Comment

Working...
                      X