• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion On The London Underground

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do wonder sometimes whether certain posters have had some training in being a complete ****wit. It strains the bounds of credulity to believe this level of imbecility could happen naturally.

Yes. And it's been thus for decades.
    Originally posted by excon View Post
    How do you prepare for your body being eviscerated? Or your loved ones not coming home at night? Instead of preparing for such eventualities and accepting it is part and parcel of life maybe someone could attempt to actually do something to stop it happening?
    So, what, in your view should be done to stop it happening?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I don't hate Muslims or Sadiq Khan. I simply believe that if people who have decided for whatever reason, possibly because I'm white or not a Muslim that I deserve to die then I really shouldn't have to put up with that. I don't want to have to be vigilant or on my guard, I really don't see why I should have to.
      Agreed, I worked in central London / City for 15 years so been through the ups and downs, but the last 12 months is the most nervous I have been and I feel like a target. I avoid peak times on the tube now, I'm always on my guard when I go out to get lunch as to the shops / tourist bit next to St Pauls, or just walking around near roads. I've been on the Jubilee line when some dude got up to shout at us we were all infidels and he was going to murder us all, all I was ******** doing was getting the tube home !

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        AIUI he's saying that under no circumstances must we attempt to make any preparations against such an eventuality.

Though it's a bit unclear, because he now seems like he's saying we should be making preparations against such an eventuality, exactly as Sadiq Khan said in the article he originally quoted and vehemently disagreed with.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
          Agreed, I worked in central London / City for 15 years so been through the ups and downs, but the last 12 months is the most nervous I have been and I feel like a target. I avoid peak times on the tube now, I'm always on my guard when I go out to get lunch as to the shops / tourist bit next to St Pauls, or just walking around near roads. I've been on the Jubilee line when some dude got up to shout at us we were all infidels and he was going to murder us all, all I was ******** doing was getting the tube home !
          More fool you.

If you are scared of being targeted by a terrorist then don't work in any city in Europe and especially don't work in Northern Ireland.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I do wonder sometimes whether certain posters have had some training in being a complete ****wit. It strains the bounds of credulity to believe this level of imbecility could happen naturally.

Yes. And it's been thus for decades.
            Stop Saudi funded Wahhabi Islam in the UK:

Are Saudi-Funded Mosques Really A Problem In The UK? | HuffPost UK

When discussing extremism and radicalisation in the UK, the elephant in the room, without a doubt, is Wahhabism. ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups all subscribe to this hostile intolerant reading of Islam. If we are serious about challenging extremism, surely we should start by stopping the mass export of intolerance and hatred of Wahhabism from Saudi Arabia to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Photographs of the "device" show a cheap plastic bucket in a Lidl bag.
              Oh I thought that was a photo of the damage done to someone's shopping.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just hear something interesting - if you are desperate enough to launch a device on TFL all the buses, tubes and trains plus stations have CCTV everywhere so unless you kill yourself you will be found.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't hate Muslims or Sadiq Khan. I simply believe that if people who have decided for whatever reason, possibly because I'm white or not a Muslim that I deserve to die then I really shouldn't have to put up with that. I don't want to have to be vigilant or on my guard, I really don't see why I should have to.
                  In the 70's,80's,90's it would have been because you were English, which offended certain members of the Irish republican community.

Or in the 90's it cold have been because you were Black, Asian, or Gay. All off which offended certain members of the British Neo-Nazi community.

Any of which would have seen you blown up or otherwise killed in a gruesome manner.

There is always somebody somewhere who either wants to kill you specifically or doesn't care if you end up as collateral damage in killing the people they do want to kill.

You are still more likely to get killed or seriously injured by a drunk driver, but you don't seem upset about having to be vigilant when crossing the road.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Oh I thought that was a photo of the damage done to someone's shopping.
                    No, that's it. We quake before the devastatingly sophisticated weaponry deployed against us and our way of life

At the risk of repeating myself, I direct the forum's attention to the article Laurel and Jihadi from this week's Monday Links, particularly the section headed "Equipment: Things that go boom":

Regardless of the allure of the bomb as a terrorist weapon, it is not very effective when cooked, constructed, and wielded by rank amateurs. The Provisional IRA did a lot of damage, but they had access to military grade explosives, guidance from security forces, and plenty of blue collar professional electricians on hand. ISIS in Syria, and the Taliban also, have phenomenal bomb makers. But the jihobbiests watching YouTube videos have proven more a danger to themselves than others.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      You are still more likely to get killed or seriously injured by a drunk driver, but you don't seem upset about having to be vigilant when crossing the road.
                      It's not up to the snowflake to be vigilant when he walks or drives, it's up to everyone else to do something to protect him.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X