• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unemployment rate falls to 4.3% as wages stagnate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are you denying the links I posted above, like the other two have done?

They claimed that the BBC refused to report on two particular issues, I provided links to prove they have.

Are you saying those links do not exist?

The way the bbc report is clever and very subtle. If there is a story that doesn't fit it's agenda or world view e.g. the New Year rapes in Cologne they will sit on it for a few days and then report it for a few hours then pull the article so they can't be accused of "bias".

The fact that the bbc are institutionally biased towards the liberal left is clear for all to see and freely stated by its own employees.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
      The way the bbc report is clever and very subtle. If there is a story that doesn't fit it's agenda or world view e.g. the New Year rapes in Cologne they will sit on it for a few days and then report it for a few hours then pull the article so they can't be accused of "bias".

The fact that the bbc are institutionally biased towards the liberal left is clear for all to see and freely stated by its own employees.
      Here's another example for you (I notice you still refuse to accept that the other two fabricated their claims, probably from that website you referred to)

13/09:
      https://biasedbbc.org/blog/2017/09/13/mosquesmustfall/
      (Links to a daily mail story from 11th & 12th, and claims that the BBC have not mentioned it)

11/09:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-41229020

It's almost like that website can't be bothered to look on the BBC to see if they covered a subject, choosing rather to make false claims that brainless idiots lap up.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Amazing isn't it? Soon there'll be no unemployed working able people left in the UK.

What's really going on here? Tory's doing a first class job managing the economy? Cause the economy or productivity levels don't appear to be improving, in fact the reverse.

Or an ever increasing ageing population with fewer employable people messing up the stats?

source: Unemployment rate falls to 4.3% as wages stagnate - BBC News

I think its a case of lies ..damn lies .. not accounting for zero hours contracts that produce virtually no tax reciepts
        Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

I notice the critics have to use the term clever and subtle, which is a clear admission it isn't biased, i.e. it's the choice of things to report on. As for the reports on Cologne they reported it as soon it appeared in the German press. It isn't like a bomb went off, most of the women were simply hassled or had their purses pick pocketed so it took a few days for all the complaints to be reported. It wasn't mass rape it was blokes groping women when they walked passed.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 September 2017, 12:00.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            I notice the critics have to use the term clever and subtle, which is a clear admission it isn't biased, i.e. it's the choice of things to report on. As for the reports on Cologne they reported it as soon it appeared in the German press. It isn't like a bomb went off, most of the women were simply hassled or had their purses pick pocketed so it took a few days for all the complaints to be reported. It wasn't mass rape it was blokes groping women when they walked passed.
            Days after it happened, and heavily filtered.

Is the BBC biased?: After Cologne

Breitbart broke it first.

Comment

Far-right Breitbart 'deliberately twisted' German New Year's Eve mob story into 'fake news' | The Independent

I would rather have a factual account.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Which is why he hates the BBC. Even when his sources are proved to be false, who spread lies in the full knowledge that their readers are generally too stupid/ignorant to check whether it's true or not, he still accepts their every word as gospel, denying any fact based evidence that contradicts his dogmatic belief.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well that says a lot for your reading habits
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Amazing isn't it? Soon there'll be no unemployed working able people left in the UK.

What's really going on here?
                    What's amazing about it? If you lived here, you'd have realised that the economy is motoring.

Unemployment has been dropping steadily for the last 4 -5 years.

When I go out and about the feeling I get is that the shops are full, the restaurants are full, people are going on holiday, buying cars and generally just getting on with life. There has seemed to me to be a disconnect between the reality of life for most people and the reported state of the country by the likes of the Guardian & BBC. That is of course not to say there are not pockets of society and groups of people within it who are suffering, but I don't believe they are the majority.

The UK economy has been designed to create jobs easily compared to say France. It's just functioning as it is supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      There has seemed to me to be a disconnect between the reality of life for most people and the reported state of the country by the likes of the Guardian & BBC, and the negative whimsical notions of a proportion of tiresome Bremoaners that have long since departed these shores to feather their own nests elsewhere, yet still feel the need to pompously and tediously pontificate about the UK as a whole despite not having any real current experience of life here
                      ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X