U.K. Inflation Jumps More Than Forecast to Match 4-Year High
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Posts 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk - scorchio!

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    8,000
    Thanks (Given)
    1095
    Thanks (Received)
    580
    Likes (Given)
    397
    Likes (Received)
    2237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    It was a quote that is perfect in so many of the arguments where facts are ignored in favour of religiously believing, or just burying heads in the sand and laughing.

    Possibly your best post/find in a long time.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  2. #32

    More time posting than coding

    motoukenin has more data than eek

    motoukenin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    408
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    18
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    The pound rose on the news of inflation as markets priced in a possible interest rate rise.
    Problem is that an interest rate rise will reduce consumer spending even more and slow down growth.
    And that will cause the pound to fall.

    Caught between a rock and a hard place - the classic conundrum of a moribund economy.
    I have set my contract to be between 1st and 30th November 2018 with a 5% continuous increase from Feb 2017, by that time Brexit conditions will be known and pound I believe will rise as spending rises for Christmas period. With conditions of Brexit known either good or bad I believe that businesses knowing where they stand is a better situation than not knowing and pound always rises on business certainty.

    With over 60K in this its a huge gamble agreed but you got to put a lot in to get a decent return. Long term I agree with you on inflation and possible national strikes levelling things out but from what I can see inflation is set to drop early 2019 and don't think the national strikes will be effective in Uk, is not a good place for JAMS and they need the cash.
    I'm not following this idiot

  3. #33

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    34,000
    Thanks (Given)
    21
    Thanks (Received)
    321
    Likes (Given)
    135
    Likes (Received)
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motoukenin View Post
    I have set my contract to be between 1st and 30th November 2018 with a 5% continuous increase from Feb 2017, by that time Brexit conditions will be known and pound I believe will rise as spending rises for Christmas period. With conditions of Brexit known either good or bad I believe that businesses knowing where they stand is a better situation than not knowing and pound always rises on business certainty.

    With over 60K in this its a huge gamble agreed but you got to put a lot in to get a decent return. Long term I agree with you on inflation and possible national strikes levelling things out but from what I can see inflation is set to drop early 2019 and don't think the national strikes will be effective in Uk, is not a good place for JAMS and they need the cash.
    You'd be barmy to bet 60K on the future of the pound - in either direction.
    It's in the first stages of becoming a banana republic currency and wild swings are to be expected within the context of an accelerated long-term decline.
    "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

    Winston Churchill

  4. #34

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is a fount of knowledge

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,336
    Thanks (Given)
    135
    Thanks (Received)
    1384
    Likes (Given)
    1134
    Likes (Received)
    3708

    Default U.K. Inflation Jumps More Than Forecast to Match 4-Year High

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    You'd be barmy to bet 60K...
    Have you ever seen motoukenin and MF in the same room?
    #JustSayin'
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  5. #35

    More time posting than coding

    motoukenin has more data than eek

    motoukenin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    408
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    18
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    You'd be barmy to bet 60K on the future of the pound - in either direction.
    It's in the first stages of becoming a banana republic currency and wild swings are to be expected within the context of an accelerated long-term decline.
    You could be right in terms of Macro economics, but to quote yet another cat reference its the dead cat bounce that I look at. With many years of fintech experience I have met a few day traders and this is where a lot of the dealers are also putting their money, there has been a 35% increase in funds to this contract since 18 days ago so ever hopeful.

    Any advice on where the dollar/euro is going ?
    I'm not following this idiot

  6. #36

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk - scorchio!

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    8,000
    Thanks (Given)
    1095
    Thanks (Received)
    580
    Likes (Given)
    397
    Likes (Received)
    2237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motoukenin View Post
    You could be right in terms of Macro economics, but to quote yet another cat reference its the dead cat bounce that I look at. With many years of fintech experience I have met a few day traders and this is where a lot of the dealers are also putting their money, there has been a 35% increase in funds to this contract since 18 days ago so ever hopeful.

    Any advice on where the dollar/euro is going ?
    LMGTFY
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  7. #37

    More time posting than coding

    motoukenin has more data than eek

    motoukenin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    408
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    18
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Ah but can you Google the accuracy of Google ?

    https://www.thestreet.com/story/1292...h-results.html
    Last edited by motoukenin; 14th September 2017 at 13:23.
    I'm not following this idiot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.