• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those religious people again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those religious people again...

This time it is Christian...

linky

A Christian couple are reportedly threatening to sue a Church of England primary school because it allowed a boy in their son's class to wear a dress.

The family withdrew the six-year-old from the school and will now educate him at home, alongside his eight-year-old brother, who was taken out of school a year ago after a boy in his class also began to wear dresses.

The boys' parents, Nigel and Sally Rowe, will argue that the school has acted without due regard to pupils and not respected their rights to bring up their children according to their biblical beliefs.
    Sun link

Daily Mail link

In short who gives a feck?

Oh the religious idiots don't realise that the CofE churches and so attached schools can be very liberal or very conservative. If they don't like the liberal view of the bible then go to a different CofE school.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 11 September 2017, 10:25.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

They were on the radio this morning. Didn't come over too well at all, I thought. Their argument seemed to be that it was confusing because this boy would sometimes be dressed as a girl and sometimes as a boy. I'd agree there's an element of 'make your fecking mind up', but for them to decide home schooling is the only option AND for it to have happened to their older son too? Sounds like they're a bit too sensitive for the modern world.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      They were on the radio this morning. Didn't come over too well at all, I thought. Their argument seemed to be that it was confusing because this boy would sometimes be dressed as a girl and sometimes as a boy.
      If the family are that thick then short haired girls must confuse them as girls wear both skirts and trousers.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        They were on the radio this morning. Didn't come over too well at all, I thought. Their argument seemed to be that it was confusing because this boy would sometimes be dressed as a girl and sometimes as a boy. I'd agree there's an element of 'make your fecking mind up', but for them to decide home schooling is the only option AND for it to have happened to their older son too? Sounds like they're a bit too sensitive for the modern world.
        Sounds a bit Modern Parents from Viz to me. You have to feel for poor Tarquin living with those snowflakes.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I was listening to something on radio 4 last week about schools having "gender neutral" uniform policies. I can't see what's wrong with having something like dresses and skirts should be an inch below the knee, trousers or shorts should be tailored. Shorts should not be shorter than mid thigh. Sports attire should be appropriate to the activity. School colours only for all items of clothing. Anyone can wear whatever they feel comfortable in.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about Christian extremists threatening to attack cinemas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/w...i-uchitel.html
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              This time it is Christian...

linky

Sun link

Daily Mail link

In short who gives a feck?

Oh the religious idiots don't realise that the CofE churches and so attached schools can be very liberal or very conservative. If they don't like the liberal view of the bible then go to a different CofE school.
              All religions are nuts, but not equally:

Comment

Who the fook decides to dress their 6 year old boy as a girl. Beggars belief.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Who the fook decides to dress their 6 year old boy as a girl. Beggars belief.
                  Trendy parents (usually mothers) who revel in the idea of showing off their trophy "special" child, and fill their innocent kids' heads with this transgender tulipe.

But that's not intended to disparage older people, such as teenagers, who without any prompting from parents (often quite the reverse) decide they're trapped in the wrong body.
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 11 September 2017, 11:46.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I was listening to something on radio 4 last week about schools having "gender neutral" uniform policies. I can't see what's wrong with having something like dresses and skirts should be an inch below the knee, trousers or shorts should be tailored. Shorts should not be shorter than mid thigh. Sports attire should be appropriate to the activity. School colours only for all items of clothing. Anyone can wear whatever they feel comfortable in.

I like the idea of a gender neutral uniform. Up to puberty, it shouldn't make the blindest bit of difference whether kids are boys or girls.

Comment

Working...
                    X