• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lack of Contract.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of Contract.

Still sitting here without a contract.

Apart from the fact I haven't been looking, applying, reaching out to my contacts, or had my CV on any job sites, do you think there could be any other reason?

My CV is in Word 3.1 for work groups edition format, maybe that's wrong?

My CV is too long, in fact I have tried to rectify that by splitting it into two ten page chapters.

I'm too experienced for all the roles.

It could also be the new facial tattoo and piercing I have had done, but surely that would be totally racist these days, right?

Any help welcome
    The Chunt of Chunts.

You are a lazy fecker!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Apart from the fact I haven't been looking, applying, reaching out to my contacts, or had my CV on any job sites, do you think there could be any other reason?

My CV is too long, in fact I have tried to rectify that by splitting it into two ten page chapters.

It could also be the new facial tattoo and piercing I have had done, but surely that would be totally racist these days, right?

Any help welcome
      You lying bastard - I've subbed out the Sunday morning swabbing out of NLyUK's dungeon gig to you. If you can't spin that out to sound like you're indispensable to multi-national organisations then I strongly recommend you turn permie. Or feuk off to New Zealand.
      Last edited by barrydidit; 6 September 2017, 09:47. Reason: speling

Comment

Any help welcome
        When reading CVs I always look at the extended properties in Word to see if they are using ripped-off versions from former client co.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I interviewed someone recently. Realised they voted Brexit. Showed them the door...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Any help welcome
            On behalf of NLUK:

"You need to know how to be a contractor."

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I interviewed someone recently. Realised they voted Brexit. Showed them the door...
              Well done.

How on earth does that relate to my situation
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Any help welcome
                Write it out again, but this time avoid the crossings out and ink blots!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The face tattoo generally is quite good, but perhaps the f*** you on your forehead should be redone as a swan.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Well done.

How on earth does that relate to my situation
                    Everything is because of Brexit. Didn't you know?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X