• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

THE worst first date ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Has anyone had any similar experiences trying to throw poo out the window ?
    Do tube train windows count?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

They have a funny story for life.
      I am sure that will be a great comfort to her now that it is plastered all over the internet.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Nandos is an acceptable venue for a date?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Could have been KFC. Neither of which I would frequent for a permies leaving lunch, let alone a first date. These people are students though so different rules apply.

Comment

Pardon the pun but this has got Bulltulip written all over it.

Couple of skint students invent some story about a first date and retrieving a tulip.
            Take a picture of someone hanging out of a window ostesibly attempting to retrieve said tulip.
            Post it on Tw@tter, Facefook, Instagram etc. so it goes "Viral".
            Set up a crowdfunding page and watch the monies roll in from idiots.

All very droll, but a good modern day scam.
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
              Pardon the pun but this has got Bulltulip written all over it.

Couple of skint students invent some story about a first date and retrieving a tulip.
              Take a picture of someone hanging out of a window ostesibly attempting to retrieve said tulip.
              Post it on Tw@tter, Facefook, Instagram etc. so it goes "Viral".
              Set up a crowdfunding page and watch the monies roll in from idiots.

All very droll, but a good modern day scam.
              Other than the statement from the fire brigade confirming they removed a person from between two panes of glass.

Comment

Other than the statement from the fire brigade confirming they removed a person from between two panes of glass.
                1) Take photo of someone hanging out of a window.
                2) Call fire brigade for rescue.
                3) Later, invent the "retrieve tulip" story.
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

doubt they'd be stupid enough to go so far as to make a fake call to the fire service

https://www.gofundme.com/9wvxt9-replacement-window

according to their (well humoured and now well funded) gofundme page the excess cash will go to two charities - one for bringing flush toliets to the developing world and the rest to the fire service

Comment

Only if you are under 25.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My sister called me up at 9.27 on a Sunday morning once, about 5 years ago, she was hungover. She'd stayed at a family friends house and they had since gone to work. She decided to use the facilities and relieve some of her hungover state by emptying her bowels into their porcelain.

Unfortunately for her, the shrine which she had picked (there were 2 in the house, typical) wouldn't flush. I guided her through a few troubleshooting tips, made some suggestions, but clearly, nothing was happening. What made my eyebrows raise and hairs stand on end however were the words that followed all the failed steps... "Don't worry bruv, i've fixed it!" - My sister is not renowned for her DIY skills.

30 minutes later I hear a knock on our door and she turns up with a Tesco bag in her hand, holding it out as far in front of her as possible... Clearly, she had gone with the "manual removal method" to clear our good friends lavatory out, and the offending item went into the bin. When I asked her how she had removed the offensive item from the toilet, she simply said "I found the biggest LADEL I could, fished it out, and that was that" ......

..... 6 months later she told me what happened to the ladel; she detolled it, washed it, dried it, and put it back with the other utensils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never had the heart to explain the story to our family friend, but haven't been over for dinner since......

Honest to god, that's a true story from start to finish.

Comment

Working...
                      X