• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody gotta a pool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody gotta a pool

anybody gotta pool

we're gonna put one in in the spring

Milan.

Why not just swim in the spring instead?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Looked into it very briefly as we have a space one could go. Fitting it is by all accounts not very expensive, but the running costs utterly eclipse this. I'd naively hoped it might be comparable to membership costs at Bannatyne but och noo.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        anybody gotta pool

we're gonna put one in in the spring

Milan.
        Yes thanks, and it's not heated and now it's bloody freezing.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Yes thanks, and it's not heated and now it's bloody freezing.
          I'll be getting the heat pump

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            I'll be getting the heat pump

Milan.
            If you do any sums please share Solar on the roof seemed another idea except that for us, it's on the north side of the house and of course that only works in the summer, unless you drain it for several months which seems a bit pointless.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I plan digging down from the cellar and installing an underground olympic size pool. Only 124 million francs to go. And that's just to bribe the local politicians for permission...
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                If you do any sums please share Solar on the roof seemed another idea except that for us, it's on the north side of the house and of course that only works in the summer, unless you drain it for several months which seems a bit pointless.
                I haven't gone into those details and won't be, we decided to get a pool and we want to extend the season so we'll need it heated

, pool, heat pump, roof, ground work, having a water pump in the pool for training, salt water system, little wooden house to house the technical stuff etc etc

pool will be a glassfibre/ceramic thing

3.4m x 7.8m

Milan.

Comment

Wouldn't it simply cheaper to buy a season ticket at the local pool.

There are 3 different open air swimming pools within cycling distance of where I live. Often quite a empty.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Wouldn't it simply cheaper to buy a season ticket at the local pool.

There are 3 different open air swimming pools within cycling distance of where I live. Often quite a empty.

Most of them have pretty harsh views on heavy petting though I imagine...

Comment

Working...
                    X