• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 British Neo-Nazis Arrested

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I wish all religions could be banned and being a member would mean a lengthy spell in prison.

Think of all those churches that would be ripe for conversions, do like a good church conversion.
    Can't really put the Head of the Church of England in prison can you?

Particularly when the armed forces pledge allegiance to her....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      In the 1640s the law of the land was that Parliament was dissolved when the King said it was. That ended well didn't it?
      And yet you and your fellow travellers were perfectly happy with Parliament being overridden when it came to Article 50.?

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Seriously, if people are prosecuted and imprisoned for thought offences and immoderate words, the Government risks bottling up feelings, not all unjustified, that might lead to far worse forms of extremism a few years down the line.
      The law of the land, rightly or wrongly, has a set of offences defined as "incitement". These were passed as a bill in parliament by our elected reps and put in the statute books (it's worth noting that the "racial incitement laws" were enacted in 1986 under Thatcher).
      What part of this are you struggling with?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
        Remember, one man's terrorist (or fascist) is another man's freedom fighter. ...
        Continuing to spout that well-debunked terrorist-apologist nonsense doesn't make it any less testicular. No matter how many times you say it.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Can't really put the Head of the Church of England in prison can you?

Particularly when the armed forces pledge allegiance to her....
          ok, so we are on the same page, get rid of the monarchy first.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Everyone should be careful of joining illegal organisations.
            Does that include CUK?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Continuing to spout that well-debunked terrorist-apologist nonsense doesn't make it any less testicular. No matter how many times you say it.
              Well debunked? Citation needed.

Don't forget, members of the free Tibet movement were considered "terrorists" by the Chinese government.

I suppose you're going to tell me that a bunch of Buddhist monks silently and non-violently protesting against Chinese invasion and rule are a threat to world peace?

Comment

Well debunked? Citation needed.

Don't forget, members of the free Tibet movement were considered "terrorists" by the Chinese government.

I suppose you're going to tell me that a bunch of Buddhist monks silently and non-violently protesting against Chinese invasion and rule are a threat to world peace?
                The point he's making is some terrorists are terrorist regardless of time and events e.g. IRA and ETA, there as other organisations e.g. free Tibet movement and ANC aren't considered terrorist organisations by the international community either immediately or with the passage of time. However there are groups like the KKK who weren't considered terrorists but now are regarded as them by many. So you can't blindly just use that quote every time someone talks about a terrorist group/organisation.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  The point he's making is some terrorists are terrorist regardless of time and events e.g. IRA and ETA, there as other organisations e.g. free Tibet movement and ANC aren't considered terrorist organisations by the international community either immediately or with the passage of time. However there are groups like the KKK who weren't considered terrorists but now are regarded as them by many. So you can't blindly just use that quote every time someone talks about a terrorist group/organisation.
                  I know very well the point he and you are making, and I'm afraid you're quite wrong. You see, the free tibet movement was considered a terrorist organisation by the chinese government, the ANC were definitely considered a terrorist organisation by the United States. In fact, they were only removed from the terror watch list in 2008. Therefore, your assertion about not being considered a terrorist organisation "either immediately or with the passage of time" is wholly incorrect.

I'm making the point that any group or organisation being labelled as "terrorist" entirely depends upon the angle that you're viewing it from. The free tibet movement may not have been considered by the international community as a "terrorist" organisation, but it certainly was considered a "terrorist" organisation by the chinese government. The KKK have only recently started to be branded as "terrorist" but for a long time, even amongst those in the US that didn't agree with the KKK, they weren't "terrorists", they were simply intolerant nut jobs.

If I'm Chinese and the Chinese government tell me that the free tibet movement is a "terrorist" organisation even though the international community don't agree, are they a "terrorist" organisation?
                  If I'm Northern Irish and the UK government tell me that the UVF are a "terrorist" organisation, but my own local people tell me that the IRA are the "real" terrorists, who is right?
                  If I'm English and my own government, just this year, has formed an alliance with a political party regarded by some as a "terrorist" organisation (or a front for such) (but whom the UK government would never call a terrorist organisation), are they a terrorist organisation or not?

You see, it's never black and white is it? And it entirely depends upon which side of the particular fence you come down on as to who are or who are not "terrorists". Therefore, my original statement still stands and is entirely correct.
                  Last edited by billybiro; 5 September 2017, 19:39.

Comment

Those same buddhist monks enforced a rigid caste system, serfdom and capital & corporal punishment pre-1950.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
                      Those same buddhist monks enforced a rigid caste system, serfdom and capital & corporal punishment pre-1950.
                      Rigid caste system. Like modern day India?
                      Serfdom. Like Bhutan pre-1959?
                      Capital & Corporal Punishment. Like modern day USA or UK pre-1965?

Are all those places terrorist too?

Comment

Working...
                      X