• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ignoring economics.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Lambert's point is validated by the first page of posts on this thread.

The OP asked a question - whether genuinely interested or just trolling, I don't know.
    Perhaps if you look back over the first couple of pages of responses and consider whether those people think Brexit is a good idea or not, there might be a clue.

The reason why the OP has had to repeat himself is because any attempt at sensible discussion is stifled by those not interested in intelligent debate.

...and perhaps that actually is the answer to the OP's question.
    Someone elsewhere commented over the weekend that the remainers are still in denial... I think this thread and every other Brexit thread here confirms as much....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Mal didn't realise that Rees-Mogg was an old Etonian.

And as we know everyone can go to Eton...
      You seem to be equating your failure in life to the fact that you were prevented from attending Eton.

The truth is that your many and varied failings run much deeper than that.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
        I also want the ease of travelling to and from Europe and the right to health care when I'm there, and the right to retire elsewhere in the EU if I want.
        I enjoy the cultural diversity which membership of the EU has encouraged.
        I am very concerned about the adequate staffing of our health service after leaving the EU.
        I am worried about the UK's level of dependency on other countries for food and the combined impact on our agricultural industry as well as putting ourselves at the back of the queue should extreme weather cause significant shortages (Jay Rayner's paper summarises this risk very well, if anyone is actually interested).
        I want my children to have the right to live and work in the other countries in the EU.
        I believe we'll end up having to adhere to EU safety standards after leaving (those creating products will want to be able to sell them into the EU) but that we won't have any say into those same standards.

There is no "I" in Team,

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          You seem to be equating your failure in life to the fact that you were prevented from attending Eton.

The truth is that your many and varied failings run much deeper than that.

HTH

What are you on about?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Based on buying goods/services from outside the EU cheaper than we do know. Selling to countries without being restricted by a custom union. Ability to create trade deals, if we want to, with other countries. Less bureaucracy, red tape etc.

Not supposed to be an economic question/answer but there you go. Apologies.
            Talk about cutting our nose to spite the face...

EU already have or is in process of securing FTA with most of the large economies. We already had the ability to freely sell to mostly anyone with means to buy our products/services. Ability to create our own trade deals for the sake of it is pointless, unless we have prime examples of opportunities that are closed while within the EU. So far I have seen zero real world examples of such agreements or in fact specific cases that leaving the CU will lead to improvement in a given sector of the UK economy. Plenty of the opposite - examples of how Brexit will (and already is) harming the UK economy.

Given that our single biggest export market is the EU, leaving it and the CU will create MORE, not less overall red tape and bureaucracy.

Of course it is likely that the Economy will pickup after the initial dive, but reaching a point that it would have been if it wasn't for Brexit, is highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Someone elsewhere commented over the weekend that the remainers are still in denial... I think this thread and every other Brexit thread here confirms as much....
              Denial of what?

The referendum vote was won by the Brexit camp, there is no denying that.
              As yet this country is directionless on the way forward. There's no denying that
              When the government says "Brexit means Brexit" cheers go up.
              When the EU says "Brexit means Brexit" the same people who cheered now boo.

And when the OP asks why people think Brexit might be bad, the response is that anyone who thinks it is bad is in denial.

Do you mean that the final solution is for all of us just to agree with Paul Dacre and do whatever he and Murdoch want, without question?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Denial of what?

As yet this country is directionless on the way forward. There's no denying that

And when the OP asks why people think Brexit might be bad, the response is that anyone who thinks it is bad is in denial.

Do you mean that the final solution is for all of us just to agree with Paul Dacre and do whatever he and Murdoch want, without question?
                Maybe come back when you understand what he wrote? That might help

HTH BIDI

Comment

Denial of what?

Denial that Brexit means we will leave the EU and a believe that there is a still a means (somehow or other) that we can remain within it....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Denial that Brexit means we will leave the EU and a believe that there is a still a means (somehow or other) that we can remain within it....
                    Brexit is supposed to mean we're leaving the EU, 100% breakaway, no special deals, no concessions, no half way house, no temporary position.

No denying that. The UK government have said so. The EU have said so.

...and when a thread is started asking why people think Brexit is bad, the Brexit mob are denying everyone the right to have their say in an intelligent discussion, choosing instead to stifle any debate.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Brexit is supposed to mean we're leaving the EU, 100% breakaway, no special deals, no concessions, no half way house, no temporary position.

No denying that. The UK government have said so. The EU have said so.

...and when a thread is started asking why people think Brexit is bad, the Brexit mob are denying everyone the right to have their say in an intelligent discussion, choosing instead to stifle any debate.
                      Given that I usually avoid any Brexit debate in general due to both sides utter inability to read and comprehend what the other side has written I cannot agree with that statement....

Case in point - you seem to have ignored the second part of my previous statement.
                      Last edited by eek; 4 September 2017, 13:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X