• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Quite a Darwin, but Defintely a Feckin Bellend!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Quite a Darwin, but Defintely a Feckin Bellend!

Mohiussunnath Chowdhury, 26, was detained outside the royal family residence in central London last Friday, allegedly having a four-foot sword and saying “Allahu Akbar” as he was arrested by police.
    It is alleged that Chowdhury, 26, who works as a self-employed Uber driver, had set off from his Luton address about two hours before his arrest and he used his satnav to try to drive to Windsor Castle. After he arrived at a pub of the same name, he drove on and eventually ended up near Buckingham Palace in central London.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...windsor-castle
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Weren't TFL arguing that English language tests for taxi drivers should be enforced?

If he can't tell the difference between Windsor Castle and a Pub they may have a point
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Got to love the Uber vetting process, there seems to be a higher than average proportion of rapists and terrorists among it's population.
      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
        Got to love the Uber vetting process, there seems to be a higher than average proportion of rapists and terrorists among it's population.
        Racist!
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

To be fair I recently tried using sat nav to get to Bristol Airport car park after visiting a relative in the sticks about 20 miles away from the airport.

First attempt ended up in some industrial park a few miles miles away from the actual airport.

If we can't blindly follow a sat nav what is the actual point of it.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            Recent events would tend to suggest there's no such thing...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

To be fair he is probably going to use this to claim he's a bit mental.

Out in 5 years
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                You should have navigated to "Point on Map" rather than the postcode, which can cover a large area. As long as the map data is up to date (closed roads, roads unsuitable for cars etc.) then it's fine.
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  To be fair I recently tried using sat nav to get to Bristol Airport car park after visiting a relative in the sticks about 20 miles away from the airport.

First attempt ended up in some industrial park a few miles miles away from the actual airport.

First time I ever blindly followed a sat nav was 4 in the morning in Holland. I asked a brand new Mercedes CLK to send me from Enschede to Schiphol the direct route and 5 miniutes later was ploughing a brand new Mercedes through a farmers field because their tractor tracks are considered to be fair game. I gave a 1 month old €80,000 car back with mud on the roof

Off Topic:
                  You should probably know that the residence around Bristol Airport campaigned to have Sat nav systems hobbled to stop a continual stream of cross country traffic from invading their little villages. Also all signs to the airport point up the A roads into Bristol and then back down the A38 to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    Off Topic:
                    You should probably know that the residence around Bristol Airport campaigned to have Sat nav systems hobbled to stop a continual stream of cross country traffic from invading their little villages. Also all signs to the airport point up the A roads into Bristol and then back down the A38 to the airport.
                    That's interesting (if you know what I mean). Do people get Google etc. to change their routing? In Dublin, Google Maps won't use Phoenix Park as a transit route, but will direct you to locations within the park from outside, and to locations outside the park from inside.

Comment

Working...
                    X