• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Game of Thrones Season Seven Finale (Spoilers obviously!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cersei dying in childbirth is too easy a way out for her, she needs her comeuppance to be realised after all she's done, trying to be her father, even blaming Tommen's death on Tyrion (for leaving them weak by killing their father) when it was her actions (giving the sparrows the power and then blowing up the sept) she didn't foresee having that consequence.

So I think there's more chance of Dany dying in childbirth if Jon has knocked up his aunt, maybe the kid will be this prince that is promised the lord of light has yet to deliver or have it confirmed who that is. Can't see Dany lasting to the end and winning the throne, the show isn't like that as far as happy endings goes, unless the writers are steering it in more a fan worshipping direction rather than GRRM's original vision for how the characters will all end up.

Rewatched the very first episode of the show on Sky Atlantic the other night and it's so funny seeing how young all the actors look, and how they've all changed as characters over the years. It's been a hard life for them, modern paper rounds have nothing on it.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Yeah bit of an anti climax really.
      An auntie climax, shurely?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        And aria too.
        Noooooooooo! One of the best characters IMHO.

I liked all the "A girl is no one" stuff... a lot better than all the slavers crap with Dany.

EDIT, love this :-)

Last edited by Platypus; 11 September 2017, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          a lot better than all the slavers crap with Dany.
          Yes, to me that's just tedious filler (is it just me or is her acting a bit wooden?)

Never read the books so I don't know how close they're sticking to the original story lines but for me they've got rid of most of the best characters; Ramsay Bolton, Joffrey and Littlefinger. Just leaves Cersei & the midget for me.

Comment

I didn't like Bolton - glad he's dead. Ditto Littlefinger.

Still some interesting characters IMO: Arya, Sansa, Cleganne, Brienne, Jamie, Jon, Varys, Tyrion, Sam.

Cersei is starting to bore me - a lot.

I'm a bit meh about Dany. Nice to look at but her storyline's been pretty tedious for quite a while.

Comment

Working...
            X