• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tried doing my bit for Broken Brexit Britain today and failed...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried doing my bit for Broken Brexit Britain today and failed...
    You didn't fail. You fooked off abroad..........that is enough for most of us!!

Just make sure you never return and we'll be happy.............you dreary twunt!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      Supply vs demand innit.
      Had she given any indication of her rate before attending the interview? It's one of the first things Agents tend to ask us.
      It's not just the money. The problem is that she is being offered piecemeal work on a variable schedule. Any decent cleaner who works for herself wants a guaranteed, predictable schedule, even if the hourly rate for that guarantee may be less than for a one-off job.

Comment

Actually the work is quite predictable and previous gal actually enjoyed the flexible hours, she was also a photographer - was actually how we met.
        With a decent annual turnover managed, typically between £30-40k.. we can pick and choose who we use. We could hire a local cleaner for £15p/h but we've been more impressed by paying above market rate to get and time and time again quality finish. Our last cleaner even used the apartment when her family visited. We throw perks here and there from time to time. I'm not tight by any means but if you're demanding more before putting one day in.... sorry but that's taking the liberty.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 28 August 2017, 15:58.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          It certainly works for the rest of us.
          So by 'working out' you mean a collapsing currency and faltering economy - sounds like you need me back...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Actually the work is quite predictable and previous gal actually enjoyed the flexible hours, she was also a photographer - was actually how we met.
            With a decent annual turnover managed, typically between £30-40k.. we can pick and choose who we use. We could hire a local cleaner for £15p/h but we've been more impressed by paying above market rate to get and time and time again quality finish. Our last cleaner even used the apartment when her family visited. We throw perks here and there from time to time. I'm not tight by any means but if you're demanding more before putting one day in.... sorry but that's taking the liberty.
            Even £15 per hr for a cleaner is a hell of a lot. But willing to pay £33 per hour you must be barking mad...sorry but...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Even £15 per hr for a cleaner is a hell of a lot. But willing to pay £33 per hour you must be barking mad...sorry but...
              It's an Edinburgh thing

Beside not too different for what I pay for my cleaner out here. In the past we've used a services agency but they just don't care after a short while and then it is someone different every other week. We need someone who knows the place what to look out for. That costs more and it's is worth it. It shows in the turnover.

You've got to spend a little to make a lot.

Comment

The cleaner who looks after my Edinburgh pad is returning to Austria.. we'll miss her but understand she has to do what she has to do. So reliable and never a compliant from guests on cleanliness.

So we set about finding a replacement. 80-90Sqm apartment, interviewed a local cleaner in town. We explained it can take up to three hours with 3-6 turn arounds every month. £100 was offered and was turned down, she said it was not enough - That's £33p/h for cleaning turned down.

If this is a sign of things to come Brexit Britain is totally

Our search continues...
                I only pay 10 Euro per hour for a cleaner , ooops! forgot thats about £30 quid now anyway.
                Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Actually she was from Englandshire, as is half of Edinburgh these days. Think it was Yorkshire she was from..and we've never met. My housekeeper arranges the interviews....
                  How very Downton...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                    .. Willing to pay £33 per hour you must be barking mad...
                    Did scooter mention whether this cleaner works topless?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Independent making a mess of journalism more like. What a rag.

Comment

Working...
                      X