• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This will probably not end well.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    So basically they had to eat meals that are controlled by his religion. How is that not part of indoctrinating a child into their religion.

What else could they not do that was incompatible with their religion.
    Don't know many five year olds who cook their own meals. Do you?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Don't know many five year olds who cook their own meals. Do you?
      Jeeshhh

Comment

Jeeshhh
        There a whole load of other religions who don't eat certain meats or meat at all.

I actually know Christians who don't eat pork, and others who are vegetarian. You ain't going to get what they don't eat at their house if you visit or stay with them.

Comment

So basically they had to eat meals that are controlled by his religion. How is that not part of indoctrinating a child into their religion.

What else could they not do that was incompatible with their religion.
          And? I have Muslim friends and happily eat under their rules when visiting them. Heck his wife gave him so much at lunchtime when I worked with him that I think half the department happily eat his food at lunchtime (the other half didn’t as their were Hindu with no meat at all). In fact it got to the point where I don’t think the English people paid for food we were force feed by the Indian and Muslim staff.

Equally when he visits me I’m careful over what we cook but thats because I’m polite and fish isn’t a problem. Meat is but that’s because living up north the nearest butcher is past his house..

In face I don’t blame the foster parents st all. The council however.....
          Last edited by eek; 29 August 2017, 22:07.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There a whole load of other religions who don't eat certain meats or meat at all.

I actually know Christians who don't eat pork, and others who are vegetarian. You ain't going to get what they don't eat at their house if you visit or stay with them.
            It's nice to know you have friends but how does it relate to my point.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              And? I have Muslim friends and happily eat under their rules when visiting them. Heck his wife gave him so much at lunchtime when I worked with him that I think half the department happily eat his food at lunchtime (the other half didn’t as their were Hindu with no meat at all). In fact it got to the point where I don’t think the English people paid for food we were force feed by the Indian and Muslim staff.

Equally when he visits me I’m careful over what we cook but thats because I’m polite and fish isn’t a problem. Meat is but that’s because living up north the nearest butcher is past his house..

In face I don’t blame the foster parents st all. The council however.....
              And how does that relate to my point.

Comment

From the Times today.

The five-year-old, a native English speaker from a Christian family, was taken to her grandmother’s home after a court ruled that she should not remain in the placement organised by the London borough of Tower Hamlets.

Judge Khatun Sapnara, a practising Muslim, said it was in the girl’s best interests to live with a family member who could keep her safe, promote her welfare and meet her needs “in terms of ethnicity, culture and religion”. The judge ordered the council to conduct an urgent investigation into issues reported by The Times, saying that the newspaper had acted responsibly in raising “very concerning” matters of “legitimate public interest”.
                The girl's mother had wanted the grandmother to be the foster carer all along.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

But they could take them to the local supermarket café for a bacon sandwich, this isn't a friend popping round for dinner, it's a very vulnerable child wrenched from familiar surroundings. Foster carers are required to help a child maintain a cultural identity and they are meant to have the child's best interests at heart not impose their own values.

Here's how it should be done:

'My Muslim family and our foster kids' - BBC News
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                    But they could take them to the local supermarket café for a bacon sandwich, this isn't a friend popping round for dinner, it's a very vulnerable child wrenched from familiar surroundings. Foster carers are required to help a child maintain a cultural identity and they are meant to have the child's best interests at heart not impose their own values.

Here's how it should be done:

'My Muslim family and our foster kids' - BBC News
                    Seems like they are nice people that care for their foster children. But it annoys me when I see statements like this.

"She says her parents, who have put their heads above the parapet to foster so many children, are disheartened by the coverage of the story."

She should be annoyed at the Tower Hamlets Council for placing the child in a family that reportedly struggled to speak English, removed the child's necklace and had a few choice words about European women. She should be annoyed at a foster family clearly not suitable for fostering.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

The girl's mother had wanted the grandmother to be the foster carer all along.
                      It is not what the girl's mother wants it's what is best for the child.

Normally it is best for the child to live with a relation rather than foster carers.

It's also cheaper and easier for the council plus other services like NHS for children to be placed with relations or even close family friends, if the child is older.

Comment

Working...
                      X