• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK GDP figures out this morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    this thread is soooooo boring without the Brexiters, where's Mordy and crew ?

Milan.
    Beansey!

It's getting a little tedious, having to put up with Juncker's disciples and their endless ferreting for any bad news which may or may not be Brexit related.

I might look in later if there's nothing on telly.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Sentiment is everything. When that crumbles, the euro is toast.
      Which would be great for Eurozone exports and tourism.

Comment

Brexit is marvelous, it will generate almost 90,000 new jobs in Frankfurt alone, particularly if the EU plays hard ball.

https://translate.google.com/transla...a-1164489.html

Of course as Professor Minford has pointed out, it will generate 135 billion in the UK.

This is a win win as hundreds of thousands of jobs move to the EU and yet the UK GDP will grow by 135 billion.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          The main growth driver in Spain is the public spending ...
          Wrong. I love the way you Brexiters ignore evidence that doesn't fit your narrative

Why Spain is becoming an export powerhouse | IE Focus

Inicio - Elcano

Anyway Dim, I thought you were leaving?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Brexit is marvelous, it will generate almost 90,000 new jobs in Frankfurt alone, particularly if the EU plays hard ball.

https://translate.google.com/transla...a-1164489.html
            The Germans are not stupid enough to just count the total jobs gained but also the ancillary and support jobs created by high net worth individuals.
            The converse is also true - many more jobs are lost than the overall total of bankers leaving.
            Some cretinous Brexiter on here, can't remember who, said "who cares if some bankers move out of London?"
            Well considering that the top 25% pay 75% of all taxes in the UK, losses of these peoples' taxes affect the ability to support the NHS, army, police etc. etc.

It's ironic that Brexit is probably the largest biggest threat to the NHS as it currently exists.
            I really hope it does collapse.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Wrong. I love the way you Brexiters ignore evidence that doesn't fit your narrative

Why Spain is becoming an export powerhouse | IE Focus

Inicio - Elcano

Anyway Dim, I thought you were leaving?
              I read the first article and again pure propaganda.

Spains debt has only increased and will require many years of sustained growth to pay back. Lots of buying of bonds etc from the ECB to help Spain out.

The competitiveness for Spain is from cutting wages and making it easier to hire/fire people. Pensions etc all trimmed. So the people are poorer. That kind of race to the bottom is not my idea of success.

Huge unemployment.

The EU either reforms or it will collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                The Germans are not stupid enough to just count the total jobs gained but also the ancillary and support jobs created by high net worth individuals.
                The converse is also true - many more jobs are lost than the overall total of bankers leaving.
                Some cretinous Brexiter on here, can't remember who, said "who cares if some bankers move out of London?"
                Well considering that the top 25% pay 75% of all taxes in the UK, losses of these peoples' taxes affect the ability to support the NHS, army, police etc. etc.

It's ironic that Brexit is probably the largest biggest threat to the NHS as it currently exists.
                I really hope it does collapse.
                So all the top earners are going to move to Frankfurt, nonsense. Stop it with the moaning sasy and get with the times.

Bigger better things.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  The competitiveness for Spain is from cutting wages and making it easier to hire/fire people. Pensions etc all trimmed. So the people are poorer. That kind of race to the bottom is not my idea of success
                  that's the British model isn't it ?

Milan.

Comment

Which numbers do you think are false ?
                    Here are some other articles on this:

https://www.economist.com/news/europ...results-spains
                    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/b...t.html?mcubz=0

Spain is creating 500,000 jobs a year. It produces more cars than the UK and has for years.

Spains debt has only increased and will require many years of sustained growth to pay back. Lots of buying of bonds etc from the ECB to help Spain out.
                    Of course everyone's debt increased due to the 2007 credit crunch. Uk's debt will rise after Brexit. It's the direction of travel that matters.

The competitiveness for Spain is from cutting wages and making it easier to hire/fire people. Pensions etc all trimmed. So the people are poorer. That kind of race to the bottom is not my idea of success.
                    The UK is the easiest place to fire people in EUrope. Plenty of low-paid jobs being created here as the lack of wage rises show.
                    The post Brexit model held dear by the right-wing Tories is a low cost economy and arace to the bottom.

You'llbe saying that 10 years from now, when we're the poor man of Europe.
                    At the moment it's gowing twice as fast as the UK.
                    Last edited by sasguru; 25 August 2017, 13:04.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Huge unemployment.

UK economy deteriorates, whilst the Eurozone strengthens

Revised numbers on second-quarter growth released this week look pretty shabby. Consumer spending, the lifeblood of Britain's economy for decades, barely grew at all, and business spending stagnated. That's especially disappointing given that the euro zone next door -- derided by euroskeptics as a place of sclerosis, strangled by regulation -- is going from strength to strength.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X