• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Brown was one of the colours, classic and sports car did a spread on the 400 a few years and took a brown one for the article

I love that model it's my favourite Ferrari, but not many like it

it's a proper V12 (SAS will love it), 4 seater grand tourer and still almost affordable

one that surprises me is the Ferrari Dino, for the last 30 years fanatics laughed at the Dino, and now suddenly in the last couple of years the Dino has become the darling of the classic car world and prices for Dino's are now like quarter of a million upwards !!

what happened ?

Milan.
    Everything in the classic world has gone bananas. Classic Cars has a market section and it's somewhat dull as you know the price graph of whatever they look at resembles tulip* mania.

* Genuine tulips, not tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      Everything in the classic world has gone bananas. Classic Cars has a market section and it's somewhat dull as you know the price graph of whatever they look at resembles tulip* mania.

* Genuine tulips, not tulip.
      yes it all happened during the financial crisis money zoomed from the crashing banks into tangible assets, classics cars really did well

Milan.

Comment

yes it all happened during the financial crisis money zoomed from the crashing banks into tangible assets, classics cars really did well

Milan.
        Yet you can buy some delightful motors from the 2000s for buttons. Go figure.

Comment

Yet you can buy some delightful motors from the 2000s for buttons. Go figure.

yes and I would love to build a collection of youngtimers which we can pick up today for buttons and which will fly in a few years time

do you read the new magazine Modern Classics

they have some useful information especially analytics how many were made how many are left etc

I follow Not Quite Classics on Twitter, they're always flagging good offers

Milan.

Comment

yes and I would love to build a collection of youngtimers which we can pick up today for buttons and which will fly in a few years time

they have some useful information especially analytics how many were made how many are left etc

Milan.
            I've been trying to track down a copy of Modern Classics which is massive interest to me. In fact just yesterday I asked the missus to swap my subscription of Classic Cars to Modern Classic next time the latter is up for renewal as the former now may as well contain information on buying Lear Jets. I would hazzard a guess Modern Classics say buy low mileage rare motors with good history.

Brightwells auction house now has a modern classics auction every six months (from memory) which has some really interesting motors for real world money. The last having just been on the 17th August:

Brightwells Modern Classic auction results - 17th August 2017

I'll have a look a Not Quite Classics in a minute.

Comment

I've been trying to track down a copy of Modern Classics which is massive interest to me. In fact just yesterday I asked the missus to swap my subscription of Classic Cars to Modern Classic next time the latter is up for renewal as the former now may as well contain information on buying Lear Jets. I would hazzard a guess Modern Classics say buy low mileage rare motors with good history.

Brightwells auction house now has a modern classics auction every six months (from memory) which has some really interesting motors for real world money. The last having just been on the 17th August:

Brightwells Modern Classic auction results - 17th August 2017

I'll have a look a Not Quite Classics in a minute.

for me the perfect Modern Classic is:

. cheap to buy today

. very few left

. easy to maintain

. price is going to fly

let me know if you find that one

Milan.

Comment

for me the perfect Modern Classic is:

. cheap to buy today

. very few left

. easy to maintain

. price is going to fly

let me know if you find that one

Milan.
                As a classic car dealer once said to me:

"If it were that easy everyone would be at it."

Comment

The trouble with classic cars is they are shiit, won’t start half the time, need to remaster the art of the choke, adjusting points, oil change every 3000 Miles, notchy gearboxes, no security, ineffective heaters, always a battery drain somewhere and tin worm.

Comment

zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

Comment

Milan.
                      Saw a Corrado Storm Vr6 yesterday - lovely
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X