• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on handling natural end to marriage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My marriage ends in 2.5 weeks and I've verbally accepted another one(nothing signed). Since then, I recently interviewed another and have been offered there. I have verbally agreed to take the latter also.

Can anyone give me advice on how to handle this professionally?

The one thing that makes the latter gig a bit more secure is I have been 'head-hunted' from an ex-wife and she wants me on board, plus the interview went very well.

How would you play this?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Natural end? There's your problem....!

Comment

Natural would be to return them to nature. It can't be murder if there's no body, no evidence and the local chief super is in your lodge
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Do it like they do on the Discovery Channel.

Comment

Why did you split from the ex-wife? Was it amicable? Is she worth going back to for another round?

Ultimately it's down to your overall happiness, which prospect is going to bring you more contentment?

Whichever one you choose, you do have to let the other down gently. You don't want to burn any bridges.

Comment

Get your affairs in order
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The one thing that makes the latter gig a bit more secure is I have been 'head-hunted' from an ex-wife and she wants me on board
              When you say head hunted, was she carrying a large machete, and is this board covered in blood-soaked cut marks?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The one thing that makes the latter gig a bit more secure is I have been 'head-hunted' from an ex-wife and she wants me on board, plus the interview went very well.

How would you play this?
                Well, John, if her name is Salome, I'd suggest you agree on 29th August. Maybe have a feast to celebrate
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Whichever one you choose, you do have to let the other down gently. You don't want to burn any bridges.
                  Can't I marry them both? I want to form as many bridges as possible - though I suspect some of my ex-wives might want to burn them or bobbit them.

Comment

Turn to Allah

The Men with Many Wives: the British Muslims who practise polygamy - Telegraph

Khan talks about meeting one such career woman: “She was a gobby Northerner who had quite a senior job at the Home Office. She recently got divorced and said, ‘I don’t have time to have a bloke around all the time. I just want to see him maybe twice a week, so it works perfectly if he’s got another wife who can take care of all his cooking and cleaning.’”
                    In 2010, London Mayor Boris Johnson’s then 45-year-old ex-wife Allegra Mostyn-Owen married a Muslim man in secret. In an article for the Evening Standard she explained her approach to polygamy: “I realise that I am unlikely to conceive children [at my age] so we agreed that, so long as he chooses a good partner, then I am happy to live together in an extended family.”
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X