• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many points have you ever received on your licence?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Switzerland - hence no points. First one was 120CHF, the rest 40CHF. I.e. £100 and £30 for the rest at today's prices.
    thought it was a percentage of your salary, you got your new job as a Janitor?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Switzerland - hence no points. First one was 120CHF, the rest 40CHF. I.e. £100 and £30 for the rest at today's prices.
      Soon to be £1000 and £300.

Comment

I had two big accidents in my first few years of driving.

The first I got 3 points - driving without due care and attention, although I still don't think it was my fault.

The second, less than a year later, probably was at least mostly my fault, and I got a fine and 3 month ban. I was upside down in a ditch, which I still have nightmares about today (over 20 years ago). My insurance actually went down - a ban wiped the points from my licence (dunno if that's still the case).

Since then I've been points free - one parking ticket and one speed awareness course.

But have managed to have two more non-fault write-offs.

Comment

About 20 years ago: 59 in a 30 zone. I opened up a bit too early leaving the 30. Got caught by a bobby behind a bush with a handheld radar.

RAC advised me that, as it was close to double the speed limit I should plead guilty by post because, if I went to court in person, there would be an outside possibility of a ban. Helpfully, they provided me with a template grovelling letter to submit.

That one was 6 points and £280. I think the magistrate was annoyed that I wasn't present to be bollocked in person.

Comment

I’ve had two bus lane penalties....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              The worst is when people go into bus lane to let emergency vehicle through. Then get a ticket. Never ever break the law to let through an emergency vehicle. Most of the time they put their blues and twos on is when they are late for their tea.

Comment

Are you contracting to the Dublin Corporation by any chance? When (if) they finish the trams on the north side will you be out of work?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Are you contracting to the Dublin Corporation by any chance? When (if) they finish the trams on the north side will you be out of work?
                  Trams are owned by some French co or other! Red line on Northside has been going for ages, it’s the cross city Green line we’re waiting for. It’s running now for driver training, all in place, opens in a few months.

I’m working in the IFSC, tons of Brexit work here!

Comment

I’m working in the IFSC, tons of Brexit work here!
                    I used to have a client based there and another on O'Connell Street. Both were skinflints and I had to stay at the North Star (near Connolly Station). That was back in the late 90s.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I used to have a client based there and another on O'Connell Street. Both were skinflints and I had to stay at the North Star (near Connolly Station). That was back in the late 90s.
                      It’s still there!

Comment

Working...
                      X