• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many points have you ever received on your licence?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Getting stopped doesn't sound like getting away with it.
    Just a telling off, no fine or points....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      He must have been unlucky. In some instances of multiple offences in the same journey they could give you just one or two of them but you'll have to go to court for that.
      Cumbria? in which case the Mad Druid would have you strung up.

Used to do some of their systems and they warned us to be careful in North wales. Two mates got Taffy Tickets.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Cumbria? in which case the Mad Druid would have you strung up.

Used to do some of their systems and they warned us to be careful in North wales. Two mates got Taffy Tickets.
        Was Chapelcross down M6 to UKAEA in Birchwood I think it was. Warrington anyway..

Comment

I've been driving for 10 years. Zero points. Been flashed by a GATSO once...so dodged a bullet there.

Comment

5 points (1 knocked off for mitigation) and a fine larger than I am willing to admit to for trying to break the land-speed record on the M40 in a supercar.

It was a simply stunning late Spring Saturday morning and I got carried away.

It was stupid and I am sorry.

As punishment the car was sold by me a week before the court appearance and I now drive a tiny, non-descriptive shopping trolley until the points expire.

P.S you don't get automatically banned for doing over 105, it just becomes more serious, depending on circumstances
            Last edited by Bluenose; 22 August 2017, 17:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
              5 points (1 knocked off for mitigation) and a fine larger than I am willing to admit to for trying to break the land-speed record on the M40 in a supercar.

It was a simply stunning late Spring Saturday morning and I got carried away.
              Was the mitigation that you can't help spouting bulltulip?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

mitigation was I must post up the truth on a back-water internet forum and allow myself to be ridiculed, potentially repeatedly, by people from 'tup north.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                  I've been driving for 10 years. Zero points. Been flashed by a GATSO once...so dodged a bullet there.
                  So the cycling awareness helps - though I call it being paranoid.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No points at moment, but I have had one 12 Month ban when I was in my early 20's then a six pointer (100+ on the motorway) and a 3, then waited around 15 years before getting 3 x 3 pointers when we moved to a new town in a three week period. 36 in 30, 46 in 40 and 80 in 70 which I thought were all a big tight to be honest.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      So the cycling awareness helps - though I call it being paranoid.
                      I think they both help each other - cycling makes me much more conscious of vulnerable road users and giving them plenty of space, driving improves my cycling generally by making me much more aware of road hazards, road craft at junctions etc. (I cycle defensively and with a driving mindset).

Comment

Working...
                      X