• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many points have you ever received on your licence?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I got 4 points for arguing with the judge. And for being a Southerner.
    Unusually lenient chap. Should be 4 points for each offence.

I've never had points. Took a speed awareness course after getting caught by a mobile van doing 36 in a 30.

Comment

Been stopped 3 times ever.

Once was when I had a new car and the acceleration was nothing like my old one which lead to me cutting someone up quite badly. They flashed their lights, I rolled my eyes and kept driving. They flashed their blue lights, I pulled over and got shouted at by a police woman for a few minutes,

Once was a new car which had an illegally shaped number plate. They wrote me a ticket and asked me to sort it out.

Once was by the German police and almost resulted in me getting shot. I was coming back from a re-enactment show in Tabor and had the group kit which included axes, swords etc. They pulled me over and asked if I had any drugs, alcohol etc. in the car. Then they asked if I had any weapons. I said "Yes but they - " I never got the chance to finish my sentence as he jumped back, reached for his hip and demanded that I got out of the vehicle. It all got sorted out soon enough but it was tense for a few minutes,
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Unusually lenient chap. Should be 4 points for each offence.
        I bribed him with a new flat cap. Or was it a cat flap?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I have a butler who drives me.
          WTF does your chauffeur do? Cut the grass?

Comment

6 points and one speed awareness course
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Been stopped 3 times ever.

Once was when I had a new car and the acceleration was nothing like my old one which lead to me cutting someone up quite badly. They flashed their lights, I rolled my eyes and kept driving. They flashed their blue lights, I pulled over and got shouted at by a police woman for a few minutes,

Once was a new car which had an illegally shaped number plate. They wrote me a ticket and asked me to sort it out.

Once was by the German police and almost resulted in me getting shot. I was coming back from a re-enactment show in Tabor and had the group kit which included axes, swords etc. They pulled me over and asked if I had any drugs, alcohol etc. in the car. Then they asked if I had any weapons. I said "Yes but they - " I never got the chance to finish my sentence as he jumped back, reached for his hip and demanded that I got out of the vehicle. It all got sorted out soon enough but it was tense for a few minutes,

If we are talking about getting stopped, I was caught speeding by MOD police in RAE Farnborough and banned from there. Another time in Aldershot some car was really close to me when I was doing 29mph in a 30mph zone. I touched the throttle just to get some space. They were MOD police and they pulled me over. When I pointed this out they let me go.

Been shouted at the police a few times too. Ejected from a few places by police.

Comment

One point for a red traffic light, many years ago.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If we are talking about getting stopped, I was caught speeding by MOD police in RAE Farnborough and banned from there. Another time in Aldershot some car was really close to me when I was doing 29mph in a 30mph zone. I touched the throttle just to get some space. They were MOD police and they pulled me over. When I pointed this out they let me go.

Been shouted at the police a few times too. Ejected from a few places by police.
                  Phew. So many white as snow do-gooders on here I thought it was just me that had a raft of close shaves as well as the points. Endless warnings for things like getting my knee down around a roundabout in Brighouse and then pulling a wheelie up the sliproad, having 5 people in the back of my Cortina coming back from the Frontier at 4am in the morning, doing a 'superman' on a two stroke moped downhill to see if I could hit 40 and so on and so on.

Boy was I a dick back then.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Boy was I a dick back then.
                    Can I be first in the queue with the predictable insults?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I was a dick Boy back then.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X