• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lexus or Jaguar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I've always fancied the 5.2 V10 Audi S6.

With a Milltek exhaust - they sound epic!

https://youtu.be/md282zmnpT8

Lamborghini engine.

Bet it's a money pit.
    The problem with driving an Audi is now the same as driving a BMW. Everyone thinks you are a

Comment

Lexus or Jaguar

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The problem with driving an Audi is now the same as driving a BMW. Everyone thinks you are a
      Used to love Audi when they were slightly odd. The Audi 80 days... And the Audi Coupe S2, remember that one? Loved that motor. But yeah, now, uber naff.

I wonder if Volvo is the new Saab. Quite like the look of the T5 & T6.
      Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 22 August 2017, 08:30.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Used to love Audi when they were slightly odd. The Audi 80 days... And the Audi Coupe S2, remember that one? Loved that motor. But yeah, now, uber naff.

I wonder if Volvo is the new Saab. Quite like the look of the T5 & T6.
        My sister and her husband used to drive Audis. They were very sad to give them up about 10 years ago.

I was nearly run over by one the other day. My priority - however he just did not look. Sort of understandable if on my bike. However I was in my car!

Comment

Lexus or Jaguar

OP I humbly suggest the following:

skoda superb. 3.6l 4x4

Rare, quick, lots of kit and comfort.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc3

Comment

OP I humbly suggest the following:

skoda superb. 3.6l 4x4

Rare, quick, lots of kit and comfort.

Skoda Superb Hatchback 5-Dr 3.6 V6 4x4 Laurin & Klement 5dr
            Hmm, looks interesting, and not too expensive.

I'm slightly disillusioned with Lexus if, as comments here suggest, they've gone the same plasticky route as Jags.

Really all I'm looking for is a roomy, solid, four door car with a roughly 3 litre engine for plenty of poke.

But despite saying my car is only for getting from A to B, I suppose I also want something slightly distinctive, and that makes an Audi less appealing.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Lexus or Jaguar

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I'm slightly disillusioned with Lexus if, as comments here suggest, they've gone the same plasticky route as Jags.

Really all I'm looking for is a roomy, solid, four door car with a roughly 3 litre engine for plenty of poke.

But despite saying my car is only for getting from A to B, I suppose I also want something slightly distinctive, and that makes an Audi less appealing.
              the superb is thirsty and high tax, but if you look past that, it's a huge amount of car for the money, very very rare, and will blow a lot of motors out of the water.

It's an R36 in disguise tbh...

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/review...ad-test/40676/
              Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 22 August 2017, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I would test drive a Lexus before deciding.
                All manufacturers vary from model to model, and edition to edition.
                Lexi seem to always top customer satisfaction surveys .
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I would test drive a Lexus before deciding.
                  All manufacturers vary from model to model, and edition to edition.
                  Lexi seem to always top customer satisfaction surveys .
                  Very Alan Partridge.

Lex-i - Alan Partridge - YouTube

Comment

I think my next car will be a form of the just released Alfa Guilia. Always have been an Alfisti at heart (owned a GTV, 155 and 164).
                    However as all Alfisti know, they are never to be bought new as depreciation is massive, unlike ,say, Mercs.
                    Let the first owner take the hit.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      I think my next car will be a form of the just released Alfa Guilia. Always have been an Alfisti at heart (owned a GTV, 155 and 164).
                      However as all Alfisti know, they are never to be bought new as depreciation is massive, unlike ,say, Mercs.
                      Let the first owner take the hit.
                      I had a 166, sold it for £2k four years ago, can’t see anything less then £3.5k for a 166 on Autotrader now, was looking for one to rag here in Ireland on UK plates.

Looks the the 166 successor, the 169 became the Guilia while I was asleep....

Comment

Working...
                      X