• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee and bloating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee and bloating

Anyone found this?

Never been a big coffee drinker, preferring to spend £3-odd on food rather than a Costa/Starbucks, though had maybe one normal cup a week. Recently started to have a couple of double espressos each day from the ClientCo vending machine (200ml?) to get me through the 14:00-15:00 post-lunch tiredness, which does work to be fair. No other changes to (generally fairly healthy) diet.

New symptoms:
    - General feeling bloatedness; digestive system feels like the roads round Dover during a French blockade of Calais.
    - Always feeling full, hardly ever hungry, like I could just eat snacks for meals and be OK.
    - Not losing weight despite this

Gonna try without for a couple of weeks but just wanted to see if this is familiar territory.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Coffee and bloating

Coffee can give me gut rot, with or without milk.

If you are serious about weight loss then follow these principles;

Stop drinking alcohol
    Drink water - and lots of it
    Avoid tea and coffee / green tea is ok
    Do not eat bread, rice, pasta, potatoes

Your liver is an essential organ when metabolising fat. By following the above you keep it in peak performance.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 18 August 2017, 08:51.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I gave up coffee in 2007.

The first week is hell. After that it is wonderful.

The only reason I gave up then was that I was really ill and unable to eat for 3 days. I figured I could just about suffer 4 days of misery.

Comment

I've got IBS but generally coffee is okay. BUT, I have to avoid the stuff they serve at work because it always gives my grief.

Never had that before (Or, rather, I've never been able to establish such a clear pattern - I started going to the Coffee Shop next door instead and I've been fine. Relapsed one day and immediately regretted it!), so maybe it's just something about what they serve.

Coffee, generally, though does mess with your gut. Hence the American joke/cliche of a first coffee to get the gut working.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Stop drinking alcohol
          Drink water - and lots of it Avoid tea and coffee / green tea is ok
          Do not eat bread, rice, pasta, potatoes
          https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
          I only drink red wine or cider on a weekend
          I aim for 2 litres of water/squash a day but probably fall a bit short
          No carbs? Can't see how anyone could do this, for me a proper meal involves 1) Protein (Cheese/Meat) 2) Fruit/Veg 3) Carbs (one of them four) Isn't that the Atkins diet? That was shown to be a load of tulip wasn't it?

I might try peppermint tea instead of coffee, see if that helps the old gut.
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I gave up coffee in 2007.
            I wouldn't say I'm a "User", insofar as I don't think there'd be any cold turkey involved as I'm not dependent on it.

I see people in the office glugging their 500ml Taurine energy drinks at 09:30 and (to quote Partridge) I just think that's Sa-aaad.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
              I only drink red wine or cider on a weekend
              I aim for 2 litres of water/squash a day but probably fall a bit short
              No carbs? Can't see how anyone could do this, for me a proper meal involves 1) Protein (Cheese/Meat) 2) Fruit/Veg 3) Carbs (one of them four) Isn't that the Atkins diet? That was shown to be a load of tulip wasn't it?

I might try peppermint tea instead of coffee, see if that helps the old gut.
              It's much harder to lose weight if you drink alcohol. Basically when you do, your liver has to deal with that instead of metabolising fat. It's also empty calories.

It's pretty much impossible to eat no carbs, but what we are talking about is low carbs. It's hard, but it works.

No, Atkins was right.

Comment

Anyone found this?

Never been a big coffee drinker, preferring to spend £3-odd on food rather than a Costa/Starbucks, though had maybe one normal cup a week. Recently started to have a couple of double espressos each day from the ClientCo vending machine (200ml?) to get me through the 14:00-15:00 post-lunch tiredness, which does work to be fair. No other changes to (generally fairly healthy) diet.

New symptoms:
                - General feeling bloatedness; digestive system feels like the roads round Dover during a French blockade of Calais.
                - Always feeling full, hardly ever hungry, like I could just eat snacks for meals and be OK.
                - Not losing weight despite this

Gonna try without for a couple of weeks but just wanted to see if this is familiar territory.
                A couple of double espressos??

That's a lot of caffeine - maybe just try a strong flat white or latte.

Comment

I wouldn't say I'm a "User", insofar as I don't think there'd be any cold turkey involved as I'm not dependent on it.

I see people in the office glugging their 500ml Taurine energy drinks at 09:30 and (to quote Partridge) I just think that's Sa-aaad.
                  You mean like one of these...

55g of sugar a can.

That's 13.75 teaspoons of sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    A couple of double espressos??
                    Well they're small plastic cups, but yep I wanted to see if the caffeine boost works so just cranked it to the max.

Comment

Working...
                    X