• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From Prague to Swindon...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Prague to Swindon...

Any recommendations for accommodation in sunny Swindon??

Oh dear...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post

You could try the Goddard Arms in Old Town. Quite near a fair number of decent pubs and restaurants.............or at least it was over 20 years ago when I lived there!

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Oh dear...
        You are scaring me, Sue Ellen.....

Comment

In Swindon, the police regularly stop people to see if they have weapons.

If they don't, they give them some.

Comment

You are scaring me, Sue Ellen.....
            Don't listen to them, me an the boyz will be there to welcome you.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              In Swindon, the police regularly stop people to see if they have weapons.

If they don't, they give them some.
              ....and it's all recorded for quality assurance and training purposes....

Comment

Do not under any circumstances accept lodgings with a fellow IT contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  ....and it's all recorded for quality assurance and training purposes....

Funny enough I did see a fight break out of the pub across the station when I needed to pick my wife up from Swindon. Was only about 5pm. That whole area round the station is rough as...
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I'm currently in the The White Hart in Wroughton, which is very nice for £70/night while I get myself organised.

Comment

Working...
                    X