• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F*** off unless you are Christian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F*** off unless you are Christian

We know they don't like Muslims but now they are showing they really don't like Jews -

linky

A Swiss hotel has sparked outrage after it posted signs telling its Jewish customers to take a shower before using the pool.
    It read: "To our Jewish guests: Please take a shower before you go swimming and although after swimming. If you break the rules, I'm forced to close the swimming pool for you."

The Times of Israel reported that another sign plastered one the refrigerator read: "For our Jewish guests: You may access the refrigerator only in the following hours:10-11am and 4.30-5.30pm. I hope you understand that our team does not like being disturbed all the time."
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

pretty sure the Swiss didn't like the Jews before the didn't like the Muslims (they didn't mind their gold though)

Comment

Swiss are very conservative. A Swiss friend told me his family were from Italy. They came to Switzerland in the 1300s....

Comment

This is a case of bad translation into English.

If you read that entire article in Swiss German it is not so offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Swiss are very conservative. A Swiss friend told me his family were from Italy. They came to Switzerland in the 1300s....
          Oh so the Swiss did it before the Americans - good to know. I wonder how many of them claim to be Irish...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why is it wrong for somone to effectively put up a sign in their property saying
            'My property my rules - if you don't like it fook off'?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Why is it wrong for somone to effectively put up a sign in their property saying
              'My property my rules - if you don't like it fook off'?
              You mean like Saudi does?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                We know they don't like Muslims but now they are showing they really don't like Jews -

linky
                The Swiss don't really like anybody. They're a nation of little Hitlers, look what they did to NAT...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  You mean like Saudi does?
                  If that is the case yes - and the answer is easy - if you don't like it don't go there.

On another note but slightly related is this idea that I can go anywhere in the world, pay some money and be welcomed with open arms.

It's naive and dangerous.

Comment

Don't believe for one second the sign was anti-semitic. There is a significant contingent of Orthodox Jews on virtually every flight from Heathrow to Zürich as Switzerland is a very popular holiday destination and has been for years. They all travel to the same Hotels no doubt, and they would hardly return in droves regularly if the Swiss were anti-semitic. Of course they're all dressed up so it is understandable that when a "polite sign" would be to put up to remind guests to do this or that, that they would be referred as Jewish guests, because they're a permanent fixture of the hotel. Someone did ring LBC from Israel to say he didn't feel offended. Got blown up all out of proportion.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X