• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F*** off unless you are Christian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I personally do not agree with it - however I also recognise that their are freedoms people are allowed to have when running a business.
    They are not allowed to have them. You want them to be allowed them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If I ran a guest house, I would not let any CUK posters stay there.
      But if you ran a workhouse....?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        O quê?

Everybody needs to use the shower before going to the pool, or in Switzerland only the Jewish need to take a shower?
        Everyone needs to use the shower but for some reason Jewish guests were singled out. Likewise with the fridge business.

Normal hotels would target ALL guests.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I personally do not agree with it - however I also recognise that their are freedoms people are allowed to have when running a business.
          Doesn't work like that.

If you run a public facing business in the EEA and Switzerland you can not single any individual or group of people out on their age, gender, sexuality, religion, nationality, ethnic group or disability for less favourable treatment in supplying goods and services to them.

If you decide you don't want to do something because you are a bigot in some way, you make up a reasonable excuse that doesn't fall foul of the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            The Swiss don't really like anybody. They're a nation of little Hitlers, look what they did to NAT...
            What do you mean "look what they did"? I've always been like this.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Everyone needs to use the shower but for some reason Jewish guests were singled out.
            True. The reason was that it was (apparently) only Jewish guests who were swimming without showering first. Of course, she should have written "All guests".
            Likewise with the fridge business.
            False. Only the Jewish guests are allowed access to the fridge in order to store various kosher items of their own. Non-Jewish guests are not allowed access to the fridge. Therefore it makes sense in this case to say "To our Jewish guests".
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

"Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely denounced the sign as “an anti-Semitic act of the worst and ugliest kind”"

Can anyone think of a worse and more ugly kind of anti-semitism?
              Does this make the Israeli Foreign Minister a holocaust denier?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Everyone needs to use the shower but for some reason Jewish guests were singled out. Likewise with the fridge business.

Normal hotels would target ALL guests.
                Other Swiss hotels would target ALL guests but write the sign in Yiddish.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Other Swiss hotels would target ALL guests but write the sign in Yiddish.
                  I was going to add that in but thought it would be commonsense.

Comment

Working...
                  X