• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hipster causes murder on a bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad story all round.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Oh great he's gonna come out a bigger criminal than when he went in.

I wonder if he has form of doing similar stupid things?

I know the CPS can take a softly softly approach until someone is over 18 then throws the book at them.

Oh lots of cyclists unhappy. However they are ignoring the fact he is an arrogant tulip. If he cried, said sorry and didn't put up stupid social media posts he would have got half that.
      If he had been rich he would have got a suspended sentence.

Pleased he is off the road for a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...driving-charge

Comment

interestingly enough I was walking across a designated cross this morning in Manchester - lights were on red, little green man on green.

So I crossed - a cyclist screeched to a halt having had no intention of stopping - the short but terse conversation seemed to indicate I was at fault for expecting a cyclist to stop at a red light.

It was a good job it was early morning and i had not had a coffee or I would have had to have a strong word or two with him.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          interestingly enough I was walking across a designated cross this morning in Manchester - lights were on red, little green man on green.

So I crossed - a cyclist screeched to a halt having had no intention of stopping - the short but terse conversation seemed to indicate I was at fault for expecting a cyclist to stop at a red light.

It was a good job it was early morning and i had not had a coffee or I would have had to have a strong word or two with him.
          You should have.

The funniest thing I've seen in London is a cyclist stopping at a red light on a pedestrian crossing with no-one crossing.

However he was unlike the motorist who decided she could go through a crossing red light and nearly mow me down just because she was turning on the main road from a side road.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If I hadn't had my coffee, it would have got nasty.

Comment

When I lived in London they would either:

1. Go straight through on red.
              2. Swerve onto the other side of the road if someone was crossing.
              3. Jump up onto the kerb and ride around the crossing.

I used to have my coffee and still scream at them, in my best Yorkshire accent.

Comment

You should have.

The funniest thing I've seen in London is a cyclist stopping at a red light on a pedestrian crossing with no-one crossing.

However he was unlike the motorist who decided she could go through a crossing red light and nearly mow me down just because she was turning on the main road from a side road.
                It was like 7am.

I was doing my best just to function at a basic level!!

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
                  3. Jump up onto the kerb and ride around the crossing.
                  I once saw an oik do that whilst riding a moped.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    I once saw an oik do that whilst riding a moped.
                    Luckily for you, you are an

Otherwise he would have nicked your smartphone
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Luckily for you, you are an

Otherwise he would have nicked your smartphone
                      I'm not sure that analogue batphones had launched that long ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X