• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hipster causes murder on a bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Should be like Germany then. If you cross the road without due care and attention then you are primarily at fault and the driver or rider can sue (personal liability insurance is quite big here). You might have noticed that Germans don't cross the road unless the little man is green because, basically its against the law and not only could you get fined but if you cause an accident then you're at fault
    Oh I love it! Germany is such a fantastic country. I love it and the people. When I had a shrink I found a German one and immediately picked him - I have many Germanic traits and we got on very well.

How did Germany lose the war? Quite incredible really.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I agree with all that. Especially about cyclists behaving like morons. And when they get hit they should take part of the blame.

Same applies for pedestrians though. Chap I work with had big injuries due to pedestrians jumping in front of him in Shepherds bush. They ran off. They should be equally identifiable.
      Shepherds Bush should have it's own set of rules as the 'pedestrians' can't be trusted to walk along the pavement properly let alone cross the road sensibly.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Shepherds Bush should have it's own set of rules as the 'pedestrians' can't be trusted to walk along the pavement properly let alone cross the road sensibly.
        Its the same in the city. Which includes Old Street where hipster bell end knocked phone-woman down...

Comment

Some of the blame lies with the pedestrian who crossed the road looking at her phone.
          Unfortunately anyone that goes near any city will tell you they have been infested with slow walking phone zombies for a very long time. In Bath the twat-head students will even blindly walk onto zebra crossings nose down not even bothering to look in either direction. But I cannot mow them down. I'm just not allowed to do that. So I drive in the City with the expectation that I might need to account for one of these dicks walking under my car at any point. Is it fair that I have to drive even slower than normal to compensate for a whole generation that can't cross the road? I don't really know.

But on a blame scale: Being a bit engrossed on your phone VS buying a bike that was just about road legal then taking the ******* brakes off it and riding beyond your own ability to stop in the environment...

Well lets just say:

If there was a pie chart to display that compared the two parties blame, The phone ladies blame pie would be less than the width of a flea tulip at its widest point. The rest would go on that complete and UTTER CHUNT. Further more the lack of remorse shown from day one just makes me think its time to re-introduce the stocks.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Is it fair that I have to drive even slower than normal to compensate for a whole generation that can't cross the road? I don't really know. ...
            If you think it's bad now, wait until driverless cars are ubiquitous. The Green Cross Code will be as obscure and distant a memory for pedestrians as the Twelve Tables of Numa Pompilius

Mind you, if phones are integrated into the automated driver network then the driverless car might be able to deliver a deafening HONK into the phone toting jay walker twat's ear, and disconnect their call.

If there was a pie chart to display that compared the two parties blame, The phone ladies blame pie would be less than the width of a flea tulip at its widest point. The rest would go on that complete and UTTER CHUNT. Further more the lack of remorse shown from day one just makes me think its time to re-introduce the stocks.
            Yup, and it's a shame the prosecution barrister didn't notice and enquire about the "bleeding skull" tattoo behind the bell end's ear. That might have swayed the jury to be more severe in their verdict.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Charlie Alliston is given zero sentence due to pedestrian being so stupid.

Her husband launches campaign to stop people using mobiles and moving.

HTH

Comment

Charlie Alliston is given zero sentence due to pedestrian being so stupid.

Her husband launches campaign to stop people using mobiles and moving.

HTH
                Um, he got 18 months in a YOI.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I hope he has seen the film "scum".

Comment

Oh great he's gonna come out a bigger criminal than when he went in.

I wonder if he has form of doing similar stupid things?

I know the CPS can take a softly softly approach until someone is over 18 then throws the book at them.

Oh lots of cyclists unhappy. However they are ignoring the fact he is an arrogant tulip. If he cried, said sorry and didn't put up stupid social media posts he would have got half that.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ian?CMP=twt_gu

He complained: “It’s not my fault people either think they are invincible or have zero respect for cyclists.”
                      still moaning about the way he's been treated when an innocent mother is dead. What a ****!

He'll be picking up the soap bar for quite a few months.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X