• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hipster causes murder on a bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Judge said to expect a prison sentence - let's just hope the arrogant little sh** gets his in the showers with "Big Bubba"
    I didn't realise you were pro-rape. Classy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Cyclist Charlie Alliston guilty over pedestrian's death - BBC News

Mrs Briggs' family said they plan to campaign for tougher laws to stop pedestrians from texting.

Of course, motorised vehicles still free to kill cyclists e.g. No charges a year after Chris Boardman's mother killed - BBC News
      He must have had a good lawyer, because in riding a bike he knew had no brakes he was by any reasonable criterion of liability pretty much bang to rights (although I suppose the victim's carelessness in stepping into the road without looking is a slight mitigating factor).

From what little I've heard of the case my impression is the judge thought the same, and probably considered the verdict little short of perverse!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This message is hidden because northernladyuk is on your ignore list.

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          He must have had a good lawyer, because in riding a bike he knew had no brakes he was by any reasonable criterion of liability pretty much bang to rights (although I suppose the victim's carelessness in stepping into the road without looking is a slight mitigating factor).

From what little I've heard of the case my impression is the judge thought the same, and probably considered the verdict little short of perverse!
          Manslaughter is a high bar, apparently, and there is no cycling equivalent to causing death by dangerous driving. It's a bit of a gap in the law which needs fixing.

Comment

This message is hidden because Dark Black is pro-rape.

FTFY

Comment

I hope something does come of this. His attitude warrants some kind of serious punishment. I understand that she was on her phone but the appropriate response to someone doing that is to slam on your brakes and avoid a collision.

The whole cyclist argument about 'not wanting to stop' does not apply to public roads. I don't care if you don't want to stop - or the momentum/speed you've built up. If the light goes red, and/or a pedestrian steps into the road you stop - end of...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

He had a brake and was not aware his bike was illegal. However he is a complete idiot. He was going to have an accident eventually.

Maybe the judge is a cyclist and so agreed with the verdict?

Comment

This message is hidden because northernladyuk is on your ignore list.

If only everyone would....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If only everyone would....
                    #brexitsnowflakesafespace

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      I hope something does come of this. His attitude warrants some kind of serious punishment. I understand that she was on her phone but the appropriate response to someone doing that is to slam on your brakes and avoid a collision.

The whole cyclist argument about 'not wanting to stop' does not apply to public roads. I don't care if you don't want to stop - or the momentum/speed you've built up. If the light goes red, and/or a pedestrian steps into the road you stop - end of...
                      You really don't get it do you? The thing is that in London pedestrians are always jumping out in front of bikes, cars, lorries. Cyclists are silent - hopefully soon all vehicles will be electric then pedestrians will have to take more care.

I also hope something comes of this. Pedestrians stop behaving like lemmings. Crucifixion would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X