• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hipster causes murder on a bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to be sure until the video is shown.

However at this point it seems he had the priority. She was looking at her phone.

Would legal brakes have made a difference? Hard to tell. In a panic a cyclist could miss the brakes entirely.

Of course, car drivers who kill cyclists (Bradley Wiggins Mum) get off lightly. As its a cyclist, he gets charged with manslaughter.

He will be found guilty. However, the judge, barristers and jury should be made to cycle across LOndon at rush hour and then see what they think.

This is war. This morning I knocked a phone out of a twunt's hand near Bank. I heard it smash. Hopefully it is beyond repair. Thats the first - it will not be the last. The revolution has started.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

However at this point it seems he had the priority. She was looking at her phone.

Would legal brakes have made a difference? Hard to tell. In a panic a cyclist could miss the brakes entirely.

Of course, car drivers who kill cyclists (Bradley Wiggins Mum) get off lightly. As its a cyclist, he gets charged with manslaughter.

He will be found guilty. However, the judge, barristers and jury should be made to cycle across LOndon at rush hour and then see what they think.

This is war. This morning I knocked a phone out of a twunt's hand near Bank. I heard it smash. Hopefully it is beyond repair. Thats the first - it will not be the last. The revolution has started.
      See how antisocial behaviour such as aggressive tax avoidance soon spirals into criminality.

Comment

A rather sweeping statement...
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Doesn't matter if you have priority you do what you can to avoid a collision whether you are walking, cycling or in a vehicle.

Unfortunately if you drive or ride in London expect idiots to walk out on you.

Yes he wouldn't be in the dock for manslaughter.

There are specific laws for driving a vehicle and injuring/killing someone.

I've been told if you are in an incident to mitigate being arrested - stop at the scene of it. Also if you are involved in an incident don't go on social media and post about it in the aftermath until you are absolutely sure the case is closed as you can incriminate yourself.

He will be found guilty.
          That's cos he's a bell-end.

However, the judge, barristers and jury should be made to cycle across LOndon at rush hour and then see what they think.
          Don't presume who does and doesn't cycle. I've found out and been told that lots of police officers cycle.

Well you saved him from a larger vehicle killing him in future.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I am a motorist and I am also a cyclist and a pedestrian. I drive and cycle in a manner so that not to endanger pedestrians even if it means to give way when it is not their right of way. However, many motorists and the vast majority of cyclists fight for their right of way even when they have just turned a corner and there are pedestrians crossing the road.

You cannot expect pedestrians to run out the way, many cannot run, especially the infirm and elderly. In London I get abuse from cyclists even when using the pedestrian crossing. They aim at pedestrians and shout abuse.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I am a motorist and I am also a cyclist and a pedestrian. I drive and cycle in a manner so that not to endanger pedestrians even if it means to give way when it is not their right of way. However, many motorists and the vast majority of cyclists fight for their right of way even when they have just turned a corner and there are pedestrians crossing the road.

You cannot expect pedestrians to run out the way, many cannot run, especially the infirm and elderly. In London I get abuse from cyclists even when using the pedestrian crossing. They aim at pedestrians and shout abuse.
              That is just Brillo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                A rather sweeping statement...
                It was a generalization. This is general you know.

In this case, it is well based in fact.

Comment

Doesn't a pedestrian have right of way as soon as their foot touches the road?
                  At a zebra crossing they have right before that.

Cyclists are the new road nazis though. They appear have a sense of entitlement. Reminds me of bikers (leather clad) in the 80s who always blame the car drivers when their friends die.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Pedestrians will often use crossings when there is a red light. Once at Victoria they had a policeman blocking the crossing and a pedestrian still ran over.

At London Bridge - Tooley Street they put a tape over the crossing to stop pedestrians/cyclists/motorists.

In London, pedestrians often out of their right of way without looking - hence giving motorists and cyclists no chance to avoid them. With electric cars, this is going to get much worse.

I might add that in North Wales, the situation is worse in that motorists ignore zebra crossings! At least in London, zebra crossings are used as rights of way for pedestrians. Apart from the one by the Rotherhithe tunnel a month ago where I saw a 5 year old girl hit on her bike while on the pedestrian crossing - by a van.

I don't expect pedestrians to run out of the way. I expect pedestrians to look where they are going, especially where they do not have the right of way.

Comment

It was a generalization. This is general you know.

In this case, it is well based in fact.
                      How can a generalisation be based on fact?
                      You use one fact to support a much wider assertion. That is why it's called a generalisation, and why it's not based on fact, it just has one fact that supports it.

And there's no 'z' in generalisation.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X