• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rees-Mogg for PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Sure it wasn't Nanny?
    Well, with JRM in charge, we really will have a Nanny state.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      He is against "big business" so sounds like a return to Victorian Britain when businesses were family run sweat shops. Interestingly his manifesto would really benefit his Hedge fund.
      So I could get the kids up a chimney and earning their keep? Winner!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        So I could get the kids up a chimney and earning their keep? Winner!
        Modern day equivalent being hoisting the kids onto the roofs to clean the solar panels.

Surprising that the window cleaners haven't cottoned onto that nice little earner yet.

Another plan b freebie for you feckless wonders 'stuck' in contracting.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I'm all abroad the JRM hype train.

I've heard him on a few podcasts and generally like his position on the economy / EU etc

seems to have more classical liberal ideas as opposed to out and out Tory

besides the contrarian in me would love an archetypal toff triggering those on the "left" and their obsession with identity politics

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
            besides the contrarian in me would love an archetypal toff triggering those on the "left" and their obsession with identity politics
            It would be like watching Scanners.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Modern day equivalent being hoisting the kids onto the roofs to clean the solar panels.

Surprising that the window cleaners haven't cottoned onto that nice little earner yet.

Even better would be an insurance racket that guaranteed no kids would be hoisted onto the roof to kick tulip out of said panels.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Even better would be an insurance racket that guaranteed no kids would be hoisted onto the roof to kick tulip out of said panels.

Use of a flock of birds, giving pigeon fanciers a whole new lease of life, to demand payment for a no fly zone so they don't get covered in tulip would be a simpler plan.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I don't read links from the express. Does it say he wants to re-introduce fox hunting?

At best he is a stalking horse....
                  I don't blame you as they can't get anything right...schizo press...

Weak euro = BAD
                  High inflation = BAD
                  Strong euro = BAD
                  Low inflation = BAD

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I don't blame you as they can't get anything right...schizo press...

Weak euro = BAD
                    High inflation = BAD
                    Strong euro = BAD
                    Low inflation = BAD

It's almost like they have no idea and they are just making up stuff to sell newspapers!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Window cleaning isn't a "Nice Little Earner" these days, someone I know is hemorrhaging their long term customers who no longer want to pay £8/10 to have their house done, and now have Eastern Europeans doing it for £4 instead. I can earn more than that checking my portfolio whilst taking a tulip.
                      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                      X