• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to be happy in the office.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to be happy in the office.

https://qz.com/1048352/the-secret-to...s-caring-less/

I'm sure NLUK will have kittens when we reads this. Such unprofessionalism.....

The fact you are reading articles on permie working is making me have kittens.....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The secret to office happiness is working for your own company who invoice your clients, then having your office at the back of your house overlooking the garden with your dog at your feet.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Comment

I make a point of not caring. It does wonders for my mental wellbeing.

Comment

I have a fake rubber arm, that's why I'm always happy at my desk

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
              I have a fake rubber arm, that's why I'm always happy at my desk
              I see you traded up from a rubber fist to a whole arm....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                The secret to office happiness is working for your own company who invoice your clients, then having your office at the back of your house overlooking the garden with your dog at your feet.
                You keep telling yourself that you're your own boss and that you have complete autonomy.

In the words of another member's witty sig: "Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off."

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                  You keep telling yourself that you're your own boss and that you have complete autonomy.
                  I'm not.

I'm married.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                    https://qz.com/1048352/the-secret-to...s-caring-less/

I'm sure NLUK will have kittens when we reads this. Such unprofessionalism.....
                    You clearly care what NLUK thinks. Which is odd. The rest of us only care what his accountant thinks...

Comment

Working...
                    X