• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate change experts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate change experts

Anger over 'untrue' climate change claims - BBC News

"Experts told BBC News".

Who exactly are these experts? Mystic Meg? The local priest?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Anger over 'untrue' climate change claims - BBC News

"Experts told BBC News".

Who exactly are these experts? Mystic Meg? The local priest?
    That would be

Dr Peter Stott from the UK Met Office said the former Chancellor had got the facts wrong.
    and

His view was echoed by Prof Richard Betts from the University of Exeter.
    Plus others named in the article should you care to actually read it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

That there is a climate change, there is no doubt.

How much of it is "man made" is entirely different matter.

One thing is sure, it's a money maker for Scientists and Governments, so it's not going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        One thing is sure, it's a money maker for Scientists and Governments, so it's not going anywhere.
        It can also be a money saver for people, who, if instead of whinging and whining actually used less energy, the individuals would save money.

...but no, better to say science is wrong, it's purely for money, and lets try to consume as much of the natural resources as we possibly can.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is climate change, and I can agree that it might be exacerbate by human activity. I'm 100% certain that various groups - governments, Greenpeace etc. - are using climate change to further their own agendas. I'm a 100% certain that a significant proportion of climate change deniers are as thick as Brexiters.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Used to be a bunch of humans who believed enough human sacrifice would change the weather, now there's a fair number who think enough human sacrifice can change the climate.

Both sets rely on a Priestly caste of 'knowing ones' who are always right & most vigilant against heresy.

Either way, I don't think it really matters. Humans will always be too selfish to take the long view, and capitalism will always tend towards more rapaciousness, rather than less.

Surely it's all academic come the next ice-age anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I'm pretty sure there is climate change, and I can agree that it might be exacerbate by human activity. I'm 100% certain that various groups - governments, Greenpeace etc. - are using climate change to further their own agendas. I'm a 100% certain that a significant proportion of climate change deniers are as thick as Brexiters.
              Originally posted by sal View Post
              That there is a climate change, there is no doubt.

How much of it is "man made" is entirely different matter.

Right because if you wanted to line your pockets you'd go into academia or charity work ? Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
                Right because if you wanted to line your pockets you'd go into academia or charity work ? Get real.
                Well TIL the average pay of a university professor in the UK is about £76K, not bad considering you'll never lose you job unless you go 'off message' or fondle some bright young thing.

"Twelve of the top 100 charities paid their highest earners more than £300,000 and 32 more than £200,000."
                Charity pay study: Who are the highest earners? | Third Sector

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  It can also be a money saver for people, who, if instead of whinging and whining actually used less energy, the individuals would save money.

...but no, better to say science is wrong, it's purely for money, and lets try to consume as much of the natural resources as we possibly can.
                  Matters not.

The sun will be a red giant in 4.5billion years.

And the way we are going people will still be demanding to use the wrong bathroom.

Comment

People still worry about climate change, I mean compared to Brexit, how bad can it be?
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X