• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocked, Shocked I tell you EU edition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Do this already when I go to the US. No big deal, takes a few mins.
    Yes, but the US isn't deliberately singling out and punishing British citizens with it, while according to the Brexit press, the EU are purely doing it to punish us.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Yes, but the US isn't deliberately singling out and punishing British citizens with it, while according to the Brexit press, the EU are purely doing it to punish us.
      Read the article - it does no such thing.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I quite like the £120,000 of expenses that each and every MEP can claim without providing any proof, because it would be an "administritive burden" on them. Poor little mites, I might try that with HMRC, see how far I get.

With the UK leaving there'll be quite a bit less gravy to go round (~£250 million/week) on that particular train!
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
          I quite like the £120,000 of expenses that each and every MEP including Nigel Farrage can claim without providing any proof, because it would be an "administritive burden" on them. Poor little mites, I might try that with HMRC, see how far I get.

With the UK leaving there'll be quite a bit less gravy to go round (~£250 million/week) on that particular train!
          FTFY
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            FTFY
            Why of course. What better way to expose the EU pay and expenses system for what it is, a gravy train, than to milk it and use the funds in his successful campaingn to leave it.

Oh the irony.

I had to laugh during his "I told you so" speeches in the European Parliament; some of the other no-name MEP's (the ones that bothered to turn up - to claim their attendance fee) sat with their backs to him in protest.
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Why of course. What better way to expose the EU pay and expenses system for what it is, a gravy train, than to milk it and use the funds in his successful campaingn to leave it.

Oh the irony.

I had to laugh during his "I told you so" speeches in the European Parliament; some of the other no-name MEP's (the ones that bothered to turn up - to claim their attendance fee) sat with their backs to him in protest.
              I do hope you and vetran and Farage et. al. get your wish and it's a hard Brexit i.e. no single market or customs union. Anything else would be a sham
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by assguru View Post
                I do hope you and vetran and Farage et. al. get your wish and it's a hard Brexit i.e. no single market or customs union. Anything else would be a sham
                The country voted to leave the EU, the terms "Hard Brexit" "Soft Brexit" "Semi-Flacid Brexit" etc. hadn't been invented back in June. Personally I'm happy to leave it in the hands of our elected leaders, and I'm sure if they start to cock it up then I and the majority of the people (not just the ever present, background 50Hz hum of the Remoaners) will speak out.

Either that or Komrade Korbyn gets in cos all the young ones like him (bit like they wanted to remain) and in that case we're all fooked and back to the 70's anyway so Brexit would be moot.

You need to learn, we don't need the EU. What we need is a strong economy and favourable trading conditions with the worlds biggest and emerging economies.

Comment

You need to learn, we don't need the EU. What we need is a strong economy and favourable trading conditions with the worlds biggest and emerging economies.
                  Sure, and what I need is to win big on the premium bonds. Saying "we need" and actually doing something to achieve that are two totally different things.

As for your ideology that anyone who isn't far enough right for your liking is incapable of running the country would be amusing if you didn't believe it so unquestioningly, and that you don't care about how bad Britain suffers as long as the suffering is outside the EU.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Shocked, Shocked I tell you EU edition

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Yes we should take the word of a mediocre techie for that.
                      Like I said I do hope its a hard Brexit.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X