• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staff shortages pushing up wages...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay in GBP or in real money terms?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Pay in GBP or in real money terms?
      GBP
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

BBC reporting today that the flow of non-UK workers coming to the uk April-June 2017 has slowed to 100k per quarter from 225k+

Need to wait until October to see if this is just a blip.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
          BBC reporting today that the flow of non-UK workers coming to the uk April-June 2017 has slowed to 100k per quarter from 225k+

Need to wait until October to see if this is just a blip.
          It may be coincidence, but I've noticed a marked increase in emails for my saved contract searches over the last month or so.

So far then Brexit is suiting me just fine, if it means less competition from overseas contractors resident in the UK.

(Nothing against them personally whatever, but I put my own needs first.)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            It may be coincidence, but I've noticed a marked increase in emails for my saved contract searches over the last month or so.

So far then Brexit is suiting me just fine, if it means less competition from overseas contractors resident in the UK.

(Nothing against them personally whatever, but I put my own needs first.)
            think this was the underlying reasons for Brexit, the competition for resources, be it Jobs / housing / healthcare etc, not a bunch of xenophobes

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
              think this was the underlying reasons for Brexit, the competition for resources, be it Jobs / housing / healthcare etc, not a bunch of xenophobes
              Exactly this.....

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                So, if it is to control the number of people entering the country, why blame the EU for the Home Secretary failing to do their job?
                It isn't the EU who decides who we can or can't let in.
                It isn't the EU who decides who gets or doesn't get housing or free healthcare
                The UK Home Secretary is in charge of out borders, not the EU
                The UK Health Secretary is in charge of who pays what for the NHS. The EHIC doesn't give people free healthcare. In some countries you pay for it.

So, why was the EU blamed for failures of the UK government?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  So, if it is to control the number of people entering the country, why blame the EU for the Home Secretary failing to do their job?
                  It isn't the EU who decides who we can or can't let in.
                  It isn't the EU who decides who gets or doesn't get housing or free healthcare
                  The UK Home Secretary is in charge of out borders, not the EU
                  The UK Health Secretary is in charge of who pays what for the NHS. The EHIC doesn't give people free healthcare. In some countries you pay for it.

So, why was the EU blamed for failures of the UK government?
                  I'm not sure that is entirely true. The rules of the club do say things about the rights of EU citizens who work in the UK. There was of course plenty the UK could have done to control immigration of non-EU citizens and also some significant changes that could have been made around EU citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    I'm not sure that is entirely true. The rules of the club do say things about the rights of EU citizens who work in the UK. There was of course plenty the UK could have done to control immigration of non-EU citizens and also some significant changes that could have been made around EU citizens.
                    The rules are EU citizens have to be treated the same as UK citizens.

However there was nothing stopping the government consulting it's lawyers to make the restrictions make sense.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Exactly this.....
                      Says the man who sees a valid business opportunity in a hotel that bans Jews.

Comment

Working...
                      X