• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If only we had educated the brexiteers a tiny weeny bit more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Au Contraire, being technical and not a PM/BA type warrants a high level of cognitive ability, this is demonstrated by my interview success, time off bench and day rates over the last 10 years.
    What a successful economy we've had, being in the EU, when a demonstrably cognitively-challenged individual like you can prosper.
    There's some chance that may not be the case going forward.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Where do you consider the UK in the economic cycle?
      Post Brexit vote the UK seems to be diverging from the world economic cycle which seems to be in rude health for now.
      Of course this may presage a bust, but we won't have participated in the boom if growth continues on its poor trajectory.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        So what do you think the impact of Brexit will be on the UK TV programme industry?
        About as close to zero as is possible to measure. No why don't you find something to really get your knickers in a twist, dear...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          About as close to zero as is possible to measure. No why don't you find something to really get your knickers in a twist, dear...
          Have you got to grips yet with the Audiovisual Media Services Directive? It is dismissed by an OP as EU red tape, but in fact it enables UK based channels to broadcast to the EU, and it compels EU based channels to show a high proportion of European works, which currently includes UK based content.

But I'm not surprised you hold the analysis you do. It's hard to see either the big picture or the details with your head in the sand.

Comment

If only we had educated the brexiteers a tiny weeny bit more

Have you got to grips yet with the Audiovisual Media Services Directive? It is dismissed by an OP as EU red tape, but in fact it enables UK based channels to broadcast to the EU, and it compels EU based channels to show a high proportion of European works, which currently includes UK based content.

But I'm not surprised you hold the analysis you do. It's hard to see either the big picture or the details with your head in the sand.
            What will happen to this?

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              How does this relate to the impact of Brexit on the UK creative economy in relation to the Audiovisual Media Services Directive?

Comment

How does this relate to the impact of Brexit on the UK creative economy in relation to the Audiovisual Media Services Directive?
                Lol - I pasted the wrong link [emoji4]
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Audiovisual Media Services Directive?
                  I'm gonna call Troll. Surely nobody can be this dull?
                  Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                  "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

I take it you're not going to engage. Probably wise, seeing as I'm right and you're wrong.

Comment

you slept with her husband?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X