• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to commit career suicide - moan about diversity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I can identify with that thought.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Funny that the cartoon shows a gentle, whimsical Millennium diverging from that view, where in my experience it would be him who suggests diversity. It's normally the chairman (over 40, bulging eyes) who opposes it...
      So when my 13 year old daughter points out that to make a decision on someone based on their sex or colour of their skin either way is stupid is she is right or wrong?

You should make a decision based on what is important for making the decision.

So it is not just bulgy eyed (white males (you did not say it bit you meant it) in fact a lot of her generation think millennials are fooking idiots and she stop arguing over which bathroom to use and do something useful.

Comment

Funny that the cartoon shows a gentle, whimsical Millennium diverging from that view, where in my experience it would be him who suggests diversity. It's normally the chairman (over 40, bulging eyes) who opposes it...
        The cartoon is quite reminiscent of imagery showing internationalist Jewish villains suppressing the good honest ordinary Aryan. I guess it fits in with the alt-right narrative of 'gloablaists' using their politically correct SJW methods to destroy white males.

Comment

Blind recruitment trial to boost gender equality making things worse, study reveals - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Comment

Just seen an advert on clientco screens. They want diversity - so recruitment regardless of physical ability or mental ability.

I thought they would want the best for the job.

Comment

Did you not see the irony in them saying they want diversity then kicking him out because he represents that diversity?

I guess you are also unaware that the google memo is not anti-diversity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Just seen an advert on clientco screens. They want diversity - so recruitment regardless of physical ability or mental ability.

That seems to be the main thrust of the argument 'against' diversity.

Generally people should be hired on merit not any other measure.

The problems with that approach seems to be that 'white male's' are more likely to hire more 'white male's' unless forced not too.

So generally we are back to 'institutionalised sexism/racism' argument.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

You haven't thought this through, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
                    Did you not see the irony in them saying they want diversity then kicking him out because he represents that diversity?

I guess you are also unaware that the google memo is not anti-diversity.
                    It doesn't follow that because a company wants diversity in terms of inherent characteristics (e.g. race and gender), it sees diversity in terms of viewpoints in the same way. Otherwise, the anti-semite could claim protection in the same way as a Jewish person.

Google is a private company and has its values, which are well known. Nobody is forced to work for them.

Comment

There's kind of a fundamental flaw in being all PC about "diversity". A company and it's employees need to be 100% focused on delivery. In a business that runs that way, it gets to be automatically pretty diverse. I mean, who cares flying f**k if a piping designer uses a wheel chair or if civil engineer is deaf? In my honest experience, NOBODY cares. An organisation that focuses resources on diversity is actually admitting it is failing, in my view. I think it has a potential to be very damaging indeed to a company by deflecting attention and resources towards non productive actions and ideas in the name of being PC about "diversity".
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X