• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to commit career suicide - moan about diversity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    No, It's stupid because women are good as men...or better.
    At being sockies? Or beeing annoying?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      At being sockies? Or beeing annoying?
      At pretending to be a female sockie called Bee
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I haven't missed the point - you seem to forget that I'm female.

I haven't stated my background but like the poster's daughter I was put of IT as a teenager. It took until my twenties until I was convinced by other women who worked in the industry - none of whom had Computer Science degrees - that it was an OK profession where you could earn decent money. I've since met other British women who were also put off as teenagers but now work in the industry. Part of the issue is some people especially men believe in IT for it's own sake not in how it can solve real world problems.
        Did you need positive discrimination get you into IT? That is the point.

You appear to have done exactly what you wanted to do at the time you wanted to ... I can't see any problem with that.

Comment

You mean some tulip on diversity.

If you have this opinion of JBP then I humbly suggest you could massively benefit from his wisdom.

Comment

It isn't happening.

You seem paranoid that some woman, person not your age, ethnicity or a mixture of any of them will take a role you could have. Guess what - if they are found and are liked better they will get the role nothing you can do about it.
            There are quotas and blacklists being used to try to satisfy marxist ideals of equality of outcome.

Those who point it out like this guy get fired, beaten up, bullied, ostracised, etc. which is why most people keep their heads below the parapet.

The evidence is everywhere if you choose to see it.

Comment

Red pill knowledge.

Sheesh...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
                There are quotas and blacklists being used to try to satisfy marxist ideals of equality of outcome.

Those who point it out like this guy get fired, beaten up, bullied, ostracised, etc. which is why most people keep their heads below the parapet.

The evidence is everywhere if you choose to see it.
                You seem to have a bee in your bonnet.

I wonder what person in a minority group you think stopped you getting a lucrative contract when in reality the reason you didn't get it is because the hiring managers worked out they had a more pleasant personality than you.
                Last edited by SueEllen; 12 August 2017, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post

If you have this opinion of JBP then I humbly suggest you could massively benefit from his wisdom.
                  No thanks he talks tulip.

I'm lucky enough to know real people who are or have been politicians from different parties who I've had conversations with - all woman shortlists was an interesting one....

Comment

No thanks he talks tulip.

I'm lucky enough to know real people who are or have been politicians from different parties who I've had conversations with - all woman shortlists was an interesting one....
                    Congratulations, I try to keep better company

Comment

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet.

I wonder what person in a minority group you think stopped you getting a lucrative contract when in reality the reason you didn't get it is because the hiring managers worked out they had a more pleasant personality than you.
                      Nah, I'm past that phase now, just trying to leave some breadcrumbs for others to find their own way.

Comment

Working...
                      X