• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoo hah at Wentworth Golf Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Again, you can barely disguise your prejudice.

Your ageist and sexist comment no doubt stems from your misconception of people who are members of golf clubs being the nineteenth hole boors of yesteryear.

As for the rich part, I bet you don't have any problem with all those rich, lefty, metropolitan blowhards who pay £5k to stay in a tipi for a weekend each year at the Glastonbury festival.
    I'll try again, you seem to be missing the point.

The whole country has been and is still being sold from under our feet.

The fact a privileged few, who could afford £8K a year, have lost their privately owned golf club is of very little interest/consequence in comparison to other publicly owned assets already sold off.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      I'll try again, you seem to be missing the point.

The whole country has been and is still being asset stripped

FTFY

Comment

Well, Im all cut up about a few wealthy nobs having a hissy fit over a golf club.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
          Well, Im all cut up about a few wealthy nobs having a hissy fit over a golf club.
          I think we should have a whip round for them.

Or a whip round their backs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I think we should have a whip round for them.

Or a whip round their backs.
            I think Ive got a spare paper clip or two somewhere I could drop in the collection bag!

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              Again, you can barely disguise your prejudice.

Your ageist and sexist comment no doubt stems from your misconception of people who are members of golf clubs being the nineteenth hole boors of yesteryear.

As for the rich part, I bet you don't have any problem with all those rich, lefty, metropolitan blowhards who pay £5k to stay in a tipi for a weekend each year at the Glastonbury festival.
              I do but that's a whole other story.

I live near 3 golf courses and a training course.

The only people I've ever seen on the golf courses are old men. Are they rich? Well considering the fees very likely. The training course is next to other sports courts and they make it cheap enough for anyone to learn to play. Unfortunately it seems people would rather play tennis and football then learn how to play golf.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
                Bigot!

Discriminating against those poor rich folk who couldn't come up with some way to save their golf course. I guess they need to learn from those poor council estate scrotes who campaign to stop their houses being knocked down....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Bigot!

Discriminating against those poor rich folk who couldn't come up with some way to save their golf course. I guess they need to learn from those poor council estate scrotes who campaign to stop their houses being knocked down....
                  Alright pet, who you calling a bigot?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I do but that's a whole other story.

I live near 3 golf courses and a training course.

The only people I've ever seen on the golf courses are old men. Are they rich? Well considering the fees very likely. The training course is next to other sports courts and they make it cheap enough for anyone to learn to play. Unfortunately it seems people would rather play tennis and football then learn how to play golf.
                    I don't have the time these days to play (or to waste £150+ to play a round), but I still like trips to a driving range, where I can take my stress out on the balls.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I don't have the time these days to play (or to waste £150+ to play a round), but I still like trips to a driving range, where I can take my stress out on the balls.
                      I think that's being covered in another thread?

Comment

Working...
                      X