• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend car parking in that there London village

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FTFY
    Fits perfectly. SM has a pink mini. A civil ceremony gift from eek.....

Comment

What I do quite a lot is park my pride and and joy in either of the Westfield shopping centres.

Its no more than a tenner a day and both of them are on the central line

Comment

I often use the car park underneath Bloomsbury Square: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...28!4d-0.123328 https://secure-parking.co.uk/find-pa...e-car-parking/

It's a bit pricey compared to places like NCP, but it's got very good security and you can get a discount by booking in advance. The NCP ones around there are notorious for smashed windows, due to the area's population of junkies.

It also takes the form of a massive DNA-like double helix plunging deep into the ground, so it's geeky AF

But it's only convenient for me because I often stay around Holborn when I'm down there. If you're nowhere near there, it won't be much good for you

Comment

Unless time is at a premium, if my eventual destination is to the west of London, I sometimes park at this always-free location:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.41...7i13312!8i6656

Which has the benefit of not obviously getting in the way of local residents, and generally having availability.

Then walk 300 meters to the station (Upper Halliford), and catch the (direct but slow) train into London Waterloo.

Upon returning by train to my car, the M3 is close by, for access to all destinations to the west.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Heading down to London for the weekend, usually go by train but need to head to Somerset afterwards, what are secure parking options like for Friday lunchtime to Sunday afternoon?
            There is a Valet Parking sachem; no need to leave keys.

TRACE - towed vehicle tracing service | London Councils
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              Unless time is at a premium, if my eventual destination is to the west of London, I sometimes park at this always-free location:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.41...7i13312!8i6656

Which has the benefit of not obviously getting in the way of local residents, and generally having availability.

Then walk 300 meters to the station (Upper Halliford), and catch the (direct but slow) train into London Waterloo.

Upon returning by train to my car, the M3 is close by, for access to all destinations to the west.
              Just be aware Waterloo has lots of engineering works during the month of August. Therefore lots of trains will not run and stations along the route to Waterloo will be closed.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Go to the Barnes side of Hammersmith bridge and park around Lonsdale road B350 then walk across the bridge to Hammersmith tube:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...795!4d-0.23433

Parking is only enforced between 10-12 am on weekdays so it's a good one for during the week as well.

*Edit* - not secure but is free and in a posh area
                Last edited by Jog On; 31 July 2017, 13:30.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

You can park on my driveway if you like? I'll have a word with the guards if I remember, that way you won't get shot. Just tell them Phil said it was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Heading down to London for the weekend
                    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    SM has a pink mini.
                    I'm sure you can squeeze it in here....

Comment

Can you all edit your posts and remove your links?

Remember this forum is found through Google and so the parking spaces will be gone or get residents asking for parking permits/extended parking hours.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X