• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capita and FDM "Training" Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capita and FDM "Training" Schemes

Their practices are now public - https://www.theguardian.com/business...y_to_clipboard
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

They can leave within first 14 days. And the training is free if they can't be found a job in 90 days.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      They can leave within first 14 days. And the training is free if they can't be found a job in 90 days.
      If it is like one of the consultancies I had the misfortune to work for - finding a "job" can mean making you do routine company admin which has nothing to do with IT.

I should add I never had to do this but discovered two years down the line they were making newly recruited female IT graduates do this.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        If it is like one of the consultancies I had the misfortune to work for - finding a "job" can mean making you do routine company admin which has nothing to do with IT.

I should add I never had to do this but discovered two years down the line they were making newly recruited female IT graduates do this.
        Just the female graduates?

Comment

About bloody time.

As far as Capita goes, class room "training" led by people not trained to be trainers.
          All largely online.

People just then used to take any available Capita role, regardless if it is totally unsuitable location wise, or they are totally unqualified to do it.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Just the female graduates?
            Yep.

I asked some of the male graduates separately if they had to do this or any other of the guys they hung around with and they said "No". They also had problems that there were not enough projects they could be put on, but if there weren't projects they were given training to do rather than admin.

Then I came across a mixed group and this was reiterated.

The company had a history of discrimination claims.

Comment

Yep.

I asked some of the male graduates separately if they had to do this or any other of the guys they hung around with and they said "No". They also had problems that there were not enough projects they could be put on, but if there weren't projects they were given training to do rather than admin.

Then I came across a mixed group and this was reiterated.

The company had a history of discrimination claims.
              It's cos they are quite frankly the biggest bunch of shysters I have ever had the misfortune to have to share the same oxygen as.

Comment

was that arthur's androids???

Comment

And the government wants to stop contractors and hand all the work over to companies like this. Getting kickbacks from it of course....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    And the government wants to stop contractors and hand all the work over to companies like this. Getting kickbacks from it of course....
                    Capita are very cosy with the government.

As can be seen when they feck up constantly, deliver feck all and get rewarded further fat contracts.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X