• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

second phone number for business - useful or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you have set up a second phone number just for the business perhaps through a second SIM card?

I have started to receive quite a good number of phone calls (especially from recruiters) since I have gone contracting... so far I can still manage that quite well
    However, I wonder if I should consider a second phone number for the future?
    Suggestions?

Originally posted by icew0lf View Post
    How many of you have set up a second phone number just for the business perhaps through a second SIM card?

I have started to receive quite a good number of phone calls (especially from recruiters) since I have gone contracting... so far I can still manage that quite well
    Suggestions?
    If you can't make a decision on something this simple perhaps you need to go back to being a perm. You can then ask you manager to make all your decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by icew0lf View Post

Suggestions?
      If you are getting that many calls since you joined AW, its worth a second phone.

HTH

Comment

If you need one then get one. If you don't don't.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes I have a second number for business (I use a cheapo Nokia and PAYG SIM card), I am a company and almost every other company I know have a telephone number, I use sky to give me a "landline" number, which and then be forwarded to a mobile, either your main personal one or your completely separate one
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

As SM says, all professionals have a proper telephonic arangement

Comment

Depends on what that business is.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                As SM says, all professionals have a proper telephonic arangement

What's that one just above the number 1?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  What's that one just above the number 1?
                  Gosh.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Depends on what that business is.

What is he doing with that tampon?

Comment

Working...
                    X