• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weekend thread

What is everyone up to as I drive to Pembrokeshire whilst avoiding the even stranger folk of North Wales....

hi BP
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Doing a bit of Bike Evasion (or is it Avoidance?). For those from an inventory background, I might perform a cycle count.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

First and last weekend at home for a while. Bit of gardening and a family cycle I expect. If the weather picks up, maybe a spell on the beach.

Comment

TFA.

Tonight is takeaway, last minute packing and bike fettling, and an early night.

Tomorrow, driving down to London, registration for the ride, meal with friends and hotel for the night.

Sunday 9:45 am set of for Edinburgh. Aiming to be back in London sometime on Thursday.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          TFA.

Tomorrow, driving down to London, registration for the ride, meal with friends and hotel for the night.

Sunday 9:45 am set of for Edinburgh. Aiming to be back in London sometime on Thursday.
          And I thought BP was the biggest idiot on this board for overlong exercise attempts.

Good luck you fool...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            TFA.

http://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com...ourney/cycles/

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              And I thought BP was the biggest idiot on this board for overlong exercise attempts.

Good luck you fool...
              The way the weather is going I may need it.

If anyone is interested in following / mocking my painful progress North and then back again I'm using a tracker that will provide a link to Twitter every day showing real time location info during the ride. I may also be tweeting on how it's going depending on how I'm coping at the time. Follow me on @Dave_Blogs for the updates.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

What is everyone up to as I drive to Pembrokeshire whilst avoiding the even stranger folk of North Wales....

hi BP
                Flip, that's the Welsh equivalent of Lands End.

Hate to break it to you, but when passing Cardiff you'll still have a good two hours to go!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Flip, that's the Welsh equivalent of Lands End.

Hate to break it to you, but when passing Cardiff you'll still have a good two hours to go!
                  I live up North, so its basically 3 hours + even after we pass Chester... We calculated we could get to the Lizard in roughly the same driving time (its 100 miles more but motorway / dual carriageway all the way to Truro)...

Comment

I live up North, so its basically 3 hours + even after we pass Chester... We calculated we could get to the Lizard in roughly the same driving time (its 100 miles more but motorway / dual carriageway all the way to Truro)...
                    When leaving the M5 at Exeter and onto the A30, I'd say you're looking at 2 hours minimum to Truro.

But even that doesn't take into account the A30 improvements in Cornwall, nor the plethora of horse boxes and caravans often on the road down there!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X