• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflake "Thinking"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm this comes to mind.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I'm encouraging my parents to spend my inheritance.
      AKA "their money" ?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        hmm this comes to mind.

The song's story - why it was written - is very interesting.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Indeed - and maybe they would have voted differently if they had not been lied to
          It doesn't make the Tory worshippers change their mind, so why would it work on anyone else?

Cameron will stay on as leader after the referendum? Maybe not
          May will not hold a snap general election? No
          May says Corbyn will be PM if she loses just 6 seats? No
          More council houses? Cancelled
          "Dementia tax"? Nope
          National Insurance increase?
          Taking in 3,000 refugee children? That was stopped by Murdoch
          Foreign Workers quote?
          Energy price caps? Wasn't that a Labour one which was mocked by the Tories, then adopted by them?
          Selling UK infrastructure to foreign companies? Doesn't count if it's the National Grid.

Need I go on about the lies being spread by May/Murdoch?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Agreed it is ridiculous but no more ridiculous than any of the numerous articles suggesting the UK has a bright future outside the EU.

Speaking of deluded fantasists...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I'm encouraging my parents to spend my inheritance.

That's because when you're poor, you can see the merits of wealth distribution. When you're reasonably wealthy, mammon isn't quite so evil.
                1 - So am I. It's their money, they earned it. I don't need it, so I'd only waste it if I'm honest.
                2 - Alternatively, when you're poor, you want what someone else has earned. When you're rich, you don't want anyone else to have what you have earned.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Speaking of deluded fantasists...
                  Food to be sprayed with poison after Brexit

You're are going to see more stories like that after Brexit.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    1 - So am I. It's their money, they earned it. I don't need it, so I'd only waste it if I'm honest.
                    2 - Alternatively, when you're poor, you want what someone else has earned. When you're rich, you don't want anyone else to have what you have earned.
                    3 - You don't mind helping people out, whether related to you or not, but they must have some "Get up and go" or be children who need a chance. Lots of charitable foundations are historical found on this principle.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Food to be sprayed with poison after Brexit

You're are going to see more stories like that after Brexit.

If American chicken is sprayed with poison, why aren't all Americans dead?

Comment

Working...
                      X